Wait a minute ... Toilet Paper?

TexAndLinda

I just came across an entry about Toilet Paper. There is a special paper to use? This is going to upset me, I'm use to using big OAK leafs when camping.

TXTiger

I always told my kids that we were having financial problems and they had to use both sides of the toilet paper!!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Corn cobs are best. You can let them dry and then beat the crap out of them. And use them again. Be green, recycle as they say.

Just don't drop them in the toilet or you will give a whole new scenario to the clogged valve problem.

olcoon

When I was a kid, we were only allowed one sheet per visit. Had to tear a hole in the center to put our finger through, then wipe off the finger with the TP! Actually the best thing I've found in the woods is what I've always heard called "Indian tobacco". Don't know what the real name is, but it holds up well, & is very soft on the tush!!!

olcoon

Ziggy,
I was out squirrel hunting with my uncle when I was a kid (young enough all I had was a BB gun!). He had to take care of "business" & walked a ways off & proceeded. I was watching the trees in the opposite direction & heard him making noises behind me & I thought he was done. I turned around just in time to see him grab a hand full of poison ivy leaves. As he sometimes could be grumpy about a snot nosed kid telling him anything, & knowing he'd grown up on a farm & been in the woods for longer than I was alive...I kept my mouth shut. He had the worst case of poison ivy in the most private places for quite some time! I finally fessed up to my parents & when the word got out the whole family had a good laugh. The word spread like a "bad rash"!!!

JohnDar

Interesting on the TP, but if you click some of the other videos after it, there's a lot of info there. Like the tolerances for leveling to keep your refer happy.

TexAndLinda

I have seen several RVGeeks videos on youtube. I wish they were over 5th wheels, but a lot of there concepts are usable on any trailer.

ParkIt

For the giggles part...had a friend who never had the outside breast pocket on any of his T-shirts so I finally had to ask what was up with that.
He said he liked to hike around the area and would forget to bring TP with him. Since his dog was always at his side and I'm trying not to laugh I asked why he didn't just use the dogs tail and then he'd still have shirt pockets.

He actually thought about it for a second... ;)

One thing we are installing is a 'bidet' wand which is easy enough the way the plumbing comes up from the floor to the toilet. You might have a stack of hand towels to wash but you wouldn't have to worry about paper drying to the sides of the tank or valve.

wdk450

I remember visiting at a family farm in Nebraska that had a corncob available along side the TP in the bathroom. They raised hundreds of acres of corn.

JohnDar

For the giggles part...had a friend who never had the outside breast pocket on any of his T-shirts so I finally had to ask what was up with that.
He said he liked to hike around the area and would forget to bring TP with him. Since his dog was always at his side and I'm trying not to laugh I asked why he didn't just use the dogs tail and then he'd still have shirt pockets.

He actually thought about it for a second... ;)

One thing we are installing is a 'bidet' wand which is easy enough the way the plumbing comes up from the floor to the toilet. You might have a stack of hand towels to wash but you wouldn't have to worry about paper drying to the sides of the tank or valve.

Reminds me of my travels in Europe way back when (stationed there). Guys laughed at me because I always had a language phrase book. They laughed until they got to the "bomb drop" toilets and no TP. I always got the books with blank note pages in the back.

TexAndLinda

"bomb drop" toilets

If this is what I think it is, I just learned about this from a friend coming back from being stationed outside of Dubai. They said they would hand out blank journals, very few wrote in them, but they were always running out of space needing more pages.

porthole

Retired
OK according to this test
our "Quilted Northern Ultra Soft" is RV safe.

Well isn't that special.
Did the test with our at home Scott brand and it fell apart faster then what is in the video.

No more $1 a roll from CW or West Marine :D

Costco bundle from now on.