Walking on the roof

Newbie question here: I know the NT brochure shows a picture of a vehicle parked atop a roof section but before I climb up to install a couple of roof vent covers on my new trailer I actually thought Id ask here to ensure the NT roof is built to handle my 250 lbs. One of the reasons I ask is a friend who owns a competitors brand told me his owners manual says not to walk on his roof. Any insights would be appreciated!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I walked on the roof of our last two NorthTrail trailers. No problems. Held my 190lbs hundreds of times.

rhodies1

Newbie question here: I know the NT brochure shows a picture of a vehicle parked atop a roof section but before I climb up to install a couple of roof vent covers on my new trailer I actually thought Id ask here to ensure the NT roof is built to handle my 250 lbs. One of the reasons I ask is a friend who owns a competitors brand told me his owners manual says not to walk on his roof. Any insights would be appreciated!

As everyone says,most units have a roof structure that allows walking,BUT I always take my sneakers/boots off before climbing up on the roof.The roof membrane is very thin and the slightest rock/debris stuck in your tread can cause a puncture or tear. The smallest hole in your roof will come back to bite you in the butt down the road,why take the chance.

Bgthomas

I weigh ~230lbs and walked my roof just last week. Cleaned, treated, and touched up some lap seal.

Thanks for the information and tips everyone - it's appreciated. We take delivery this weekend and I didnt want to make falling through the roof my first trip ;)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks for the information and tips everyone - it's appreciated. We take delivery this weekend and I didnt want to make falling through the roof my first trip ;)

Well . . . then half the job of installing a second air conditioner would be done! :cool: