Wall bowing out when sun hits it

I just purchased a new 2022 Northtrail 24BHS.
I just noticed that in the bedroom area when the sun hits the exterior the wall is bowing out. The bowing happens both inside and outside.
I put a six foot level on it and it seems that it bows approx. 3/4 inch.
On the outside you can only notice it if you put a level or a straight board on it but on the inside where we have the upper cabinets above the bed there is a separation showing between the side cabinet attached to the wall and the middle cabinet of almost 1/8". Also the bed box separates from the wall that is hit by the sun approx 1/4".
Once sun stops hiting the wall everything goes back and the cabinet separation dissapears and the outside wall is almost perfectly straight when checked with a level.
Is this normal?
I live in California and we barely have 60 degrees right now when this happens. I'm concerned what will happen in the summer when temperatures go well over 100F.

centerline

not normal at all.... I have no idea what could allow this to happen in the sun, but as most things expand slightly as it warms, i would say that the framing has failed and as the skin expands, it bows outward..... this happened to a trailer I used to have, but the sun had no effect on mine, it just remained bowed out about 2inches until I repaired it... it seemed solid, but internally it was not, the spindly 2x2's they used for wall studs were such poor quality that 2 were broke thru knots, and the other one in that area (between 2 large side windows) warped badly....

wdk450

You can contact Heartland service department for warranty repair. Heartland MIGHT allow you to use a local RV collision repair specialty shop that is deeply experienced in repairing RV walls in California and pay the warranty costs. Take a lot of definitive photos showing the defect at its worst for submission to Heartland.
Hopefully, they won't tell you to tow it to the Elkhart service facility on your own dime for repair.

Good Luck!!!

Kbvols

I had same thing happen on my Greystone when I had it. It was due to delaminating. Since yours is so new it most likely is due to glue not adhering properly to backer board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjgtaz1

I have a 2018 Heartland Bighorn Travler 39mb. There is not a bit of delamination anywhere on the sides. Then you get to the back of the coach. I can push on the whole back of it and it flexes. I don't hear any crunching or anything when pushing on it. I have gone to other friends campers (different brand) and they seam to have the same issues. I've always cleaned and resealed all the seals on the roof yearly so I wouldn't have though any water would have got down there. I talked to one dealer that told me that that happens to most coaches in the back and it's not delamination. Can someone confirm if this is something to not worry about or may be an issue?

NYSUPstater

I have a 2018 Heartland Bighorn Travler 39mb. There is not a bit of delamination anywhere on the sides. Then you get to the back of the coach. I can push on the whole back of it and it flexes. I don't hear any crunching or anything when pushing on it. I have gone to other friends campers (different brand) and they seam to have the same issues. I've always cleaned and resealed all the seals on the roof yearly so I wouldn't have though any water would have got down there. I talked to one dealer that told me that that happens to most coaches in the back and it's not delamination. Can someone confirm if this is something to not worry about or may be an issue?
Our '18 BC does the same thing on rear section. Heard it was because it's not a supporting section(???). We do however have a bubble above basement door which I have no clue as to what it is. Coach is at our old RV dealer for lil bit due to our driveway getting re=sealed and I asked them to to look/advise as to what it is.