Wall pulling away from front cap

Torqueit

I have a 2016 Heartland Torque T29 and noticed a small gap between the wall and front cap 2’ feet just before it meets the roof. Anyone have to deal with this? I had an issue last year but on the roof. Same corner. I sealed and taped that. Each time I noticed the issue is during the middle of winter with temp fro 15-40 degrees. Is it a cold shrinking thing? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you've had issues with the roof in that same area I suspect that water has caused some damage to the wood in that area and now the screws that hold the front cap on have nothing to bite into. Or the screws are rusted off.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

You might check the hitch area for excessive frame flex under load. Maybe measuring the separated area before and after hitching up and raising the front landing gear could give you and idea if the hitch frame flexing is involved.

Torqueit

That wouldn’t be good. It’s almost like the wall was cut too small. You can see the original chaulk line about 1/8th of an inch away from the molding on both sides of the trailer on the wall side. It always ends up being water with an RV. I dunno. I’m currently living in it while I build a house. I’ll take it to the shop after all that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it took months to repair.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It would be great if you were to post a picture of the separation.

Peace
Dave