Wanted, idea's for a model R/C rack for my cyclone...

dougw

Ok, all you R/c modelers. I'm looking for ideas for a transportation rack / idea for the garage in my cyclone.
However, I still need to carry 3 dirt bikes as well. I'm good with the helicopters because they just fit
anyplace. However, I'm thinking about a 84" large scale plank to take with me when I camp in the desert.
The wings I can just put on the upper rear bunk so that's not a big deal either. It's what to do with the
fuselage that I need to find a home for.

Thoughts? Photos? Idea's?

Thanks
Doug

alex00

Can you make a rack out of pvc pipe? With L T and Y fittings you could make a very sturdy light weight rack. That's how I used to store my planes back when I flew.

ILH

What model rig do you have? In my toy hauler there is pace between the bunks and the wall that separates the living space. The ceiling there is high and safe from hits.

porthole

Retired
Look for firemanbill on the site. He is an RC'r with a Cyclone.

Not sure of the name and we are no longer able to do a community member search ?????????????????????

Lou_and_Bette

I needed storage space in our Road Warrior and went to The Container Store where I bought one on their heavy duty shelving units. The height was just about perfect with the adjustable feet on the legs to wedge under my loft bed area. I could find the joists for that area easily and tied the top into those to stabilize the top. Then screwed some 2x2's into the floor to stabilize the bottom. Use as many or few of the shelves you need

dougw

I needed storage space in our Road Warrior and went to The Container Store where I bought one on their heavy duty shelving units. The height was just about perfect with the adjustable feet on the legs to wedge under my loft bed area. I could find the joists for that area easily and tied the top into those to stabilize the top. Then screwed some 2x2's into the floor to stabilize the bottom. Use as many or few of the shelves you need

Interesting idea. Thanks all for the input as well. Right now the master bed takes up 1 electric plane. the upper bunk takes up an electric glider and the floor is usually ocupied by 3 dirt bikes and 1 or 2 helicopters and a 1/5 scale gas truck.. I'm not quite sure one 1/4 scale airplane is really the way to go and stay married but.... <G> "One can only ride so much in the desert and I really need some more pass time fun<G>". Well, that is what I tell the wife anyways.

Thanks again all

greg7140

You need to go all Helicopters...much easier to travel with...photo is of ramp door on my SOB Toyhauler that I traded in for the Heartland Gateway. I normally carried a 30cc fixed wing strapped to the ceiling also. The heli's worked great by just using "eyehooks"

IMG_0720.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You need to go all Helicopters...much easier to travel with...photo is of ramp door on my SOB Toyhauler that I traded in for the Heartland Gateway. I normally carried a 30cc fixed wing strapped to the ceiling also. The heli's worked great by just using "eyehooks"

View attachment 28016
Greg, Are you in that contest? You know the one about having the most toys? :cool:

I just bought my first plane. An Extra300 by Parkzone. Still on a simulator :eek: till I get connected with a club back in WI.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look for firemanbill on the site. He is an RC'r with a Cyclone.

Not sure of the name and we are no longer able to do a community member search ?????????????????????
Duane, you can just to a general search to find a user.
Posts by that user will show up.
As in this search I found firemanbill in post #8.
But yeah, the user list would be nice.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Duane, you can just to a general search to find a user.
Posts by that user will show up.
As in this search I found firemanbill in post #8.
But yeah, the user list would be nice.

Peace
Dave

I know Dave - it was kind of a dig to bring back that feature of the community board.

greg7140

Greg, Are you in that contest? You know the one about having the most toys? :cool:

I just bought my first plane. An Extra300 by Parkzone. Still on a simulator :eek: till I get connected with a club back in WI.

lol...no...I work in this industry... So does Jenni...she is the assistant editor for the AMA's Model Aviation magizine...so we travel a lot to events around the country. I was very happy with the storage areas in the Gateway...I have found places to store most of those Heli's out of site. We absolutely love our Gateway...

This weekend I am stuck in this terrible weather in Indiana while she is out living it up at the AMA Expo in CA...I am home playing house husband with Topaz...the dog.

Have fun with the extra...park zone has some neat stuff these days!