Warm water, not hot, propane or electric

Teedee

First month with my new to my 2013 Heartland Sundance 3300QS. It has a Atwood GC6AA-10E water heater.

I'm getting warm water, not hot. Initially I would get warm water and then it would go cold and I discovered my bypass valve was still open so I closed that. Now I get lots and lots of warm water and it doesn't matter whether it's on electric or propane or both. I'm wondering if it's my thermostat. Propane and electric wouldn't use the same element I'm guessing?? So can somebody tell me how to test to see if it's my thermostat and maybe shoot me a picture of where to find it and how I change it?

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your inside shower hot and cold faucets must be in the off position. And if equipped your outside shower must be off as well.
Having those faucets left on will create a mixer which will leave you with warm water only.
Since you're issue is with propane or electric I doubt you have a water heater issue.

Peace
Dave

Teedee

Your inside shower hot and cold faucets must be in the off position. And if equipped your outside shower must be off as well.
Having those faucets left on will create a mixer which will leave you with warm water only.
Since you're issue is with propane or electric I doubt you have a water heater issue.

Peace
Dave
They are off, I've been in it for 3 weeks now. Any other ideas? That's why I thought it might be a thermostat

jerryjay11

It very well could be your thermostat. You could try popping off your relief valve (Caution-use gloves) into a container and check the temps there. If you find not hot enough, then a thermostat is the issue. Either the high limit or operating thermostat. But be careful as I stated, wear gloves that will prevent you burning yourself as the temperature can be as high as 120 degrees.

rhodies1

I would say it is your thermostat is bad. Just replace it and eliminate one potential item . It’s about a 15 dollar item.