Warranty issues and severe structural damage.

This may or may not be the right forum but I need to start somewhere. 4 years ago I purchased a brand new Pioneer RG28. I bought the extended warranty which is still in effect. The RV is a weekend getaway. I noticed a leak in the slide evidenced by a deformity in the ceiling and large bundles in the wall. I filled a claim which was denied. I paid a Mobil RV guy to fix the leak. There is structural damage to the wall. Now I'm noticing a soft floor near the slide. Two weeks ago while I was cleaning the tub I noticed a bug leak. The RV guy came to fix it. The trap was broken. Now I'm noticing a soft floor there. It's unacceptable for this 2019 RV to be rotting away. I'm limited on things I can do. I bought a new RV with an extended warranty because I'm old, I needed something that I could count on. I am new to RVing. Is there anything I can do to prevent the floor from caving in?

This may or may not be the right forum but I need to start somewhere. 4 years ago I purchased a brand new Pioneer RG28. I bought the extended warranty which is still in effect. The RV is a weekend getaway. I noticed a leak in the slide evidenced by a deformity in the ceiling and large bundles in the wall. I filled a claim which was denied. I paid a Mobil RV guy to fix the leak. There is structural damage to the wall. Now I'm noticing a soft floor near the slide. Two weeks ago while I was cleaning the tub I noticed a bug leak. The RV guy came to fix it. The trap was broken. Now I'm noticing a soft floor there. It's unacceptable for this 2019 RV to be rotting away. I'm limited on things I can do. I bought a new RV with an extended warranty because I'm old, I needed something that I could count on. I am new to RVing. Is there anything I can do to prevent the floor from caving in?
Please excuse the typos. I should have proof read.

david-steph2018

Sorry to hear about the issues with the rig. Best thing is to replace the damaged section of the flooring.
Check to see if the warranty will cover the damage from the broken drainpipe in the bath area.

Unfortunately, the warranty doesn't cover the water damage but thank you for your response. I think I'll have someone put a piece of plywood down and cover it with carpet. The RV is a basic Toy hauler I paid $24,000 for it. I would think replacing the floor and wall damage might not be worth the cost. I'm retire and have limited funds.
I was not familiar with all this stuff. I'll probably have to swallow this purchase mistake. The RV has a nice deck and is not going to be easy to move. I'll probably have to put a sale sign on it where it is. Do you think I could use it through 2 more "lake seasons"?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you have damage due to water leaks have you checked and/or caulked suspicious areas where water may have entered?
That should be the first step.
If you are somewhat handy you should be able to repair the floor.

Peace
Dave

sengli

I have seen new RVs on the lot unsold that have had this type of damage. Water kills RVs extremely fast. Find and stop the leaks ASAP, and seriously forget the warranty they will never admit any claims for water damage.

david-steph2018

For the soft floor, you would need to replace the bad spots, not the whole floor. The mobile tech may be an option but consider a carpenter. They may be able to do the repairs.