Warranty Question

Yvette

Hi - we are new 2011 Big Horn owners - we went into the unit on Saturday and our masterbedroom was soaked in water. The unit has been at our home since mid April with all slides out, nothing has changed. I called the dealer immediatley and I am not getting the wam feeling that they want to work with me. I am very discouraged that I may end up with a very expensive box of mold. Has anyone had any issues with a brand new unit and how stand up is Heartland and their warranty?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yvette and welcome to the forum. You came to the right spot for answers. There are plenty of people here willing to help out.
It would help if we knew which model Bighorn you have. Some other things to know are, do you know what area of the bedroom is wet, or the whole room. Do you have a bedroom AC? Is this the first rain it has been in or is this the first time you noticed water?
If you are having trouble with your dealer, give Heartland a call. They will see to it that it gets taken care of.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Yvette

Hi Dave - our model is the 3610RE - I beleive we have central air only, the carpet in the master bedroom was saturated, not the walls, just the carpet and under the cabinets by the head board and under the bed itself, the living room slide on the same side of the unit with the recliners was also wet, but not saturated. I was so disturbed when I called on Sunday because our first trip is this Thursday as we show horses on the east coast. The unit has seen rain since April in our driveway, we have not taken it anywhere yet. The storm we had last week here was a heavy storm and that seems to be when it happened. They did come and get the unit on Monday afternoon as I could not get it to them, I am going there today, they did not return my calls yesterday. My opionion is, just give me a new unit, ours was never used and I am terrified of mold. I will call Heartland if I am not getting anywhere today.