Washer-Dryer Prep But No Dryer Vent

BigHorns

Well, the job is done. Completed the Splendide 2100XC combo installation on Monday. The most uneventful installation ever, I think. Life[style] changing addition to the 5W.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts, comments, and references. Some great takeaways.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, the job is done. Completed the Splendide 2100XC combo installation on Monday. The most uneventful installation ever, I think. Life[style] changing addition to the 5W.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts, comments, and references. Some great takeaways.

Post some pics! Glad it was uneventful, those are rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allanbrr

good quality "ventless" dryers arent as bad as one would think...

the dryers recycle the air thru a heat exchanger that pulls the moisture out of it before sending it back thru the tumbling clothes... this moisture is collected and then is drained into the plumbing thru a drain hose that must be installed....

the washer dryer combo units are built to have the collected water pumped out thru the washer drain...........

the down side is, unlike a vented dryer that pushes the warm wet air to the outside, in hot weather, the ventless dryer creates more heat inside the RV.... the up side is, in the winter time, the dryer helps warm the interior of the RV, and there is no hole needed in the wall for a vent.
also, in the winter time, a vented dryer will pull the warm air from the trailer interior, heat it more, and then push it thru the clothes to the outside... this can take a LOT of the desirable heat out of the RV thru displacement... the proper ventless dryer CAN be a better way to go in most cases.
I know this question is old but for people who are looking for an answer and have bought a used 5th wheel I will add an answer. I would definitely use a vented dryer because a ventless dryer will add moisture to the air and it can get to humid inside the trailer and it can cause mold and even rot. I just bought a 2015 gateway 3200RS at auction from copart it's really good condition except for a few minor issues and a couple of major issues but fortunately I was an rv tech from the time I was a teenager, my dad owned a automotive and rv repair shop. The major issues are water damage and the roof has been damaged and they patched it and didn't do a good Job and the rear drivers side wall is rotten so I will have to rebuild it and hopefully it will only be the corner that's damaged. After that I will put a new room on it. My biggest concern was the slides and they are all in good condition. The outside seal on one slide is torn so I'm going to replace all of the outside seals on the slides just to be safe. I'm going to install a washer and dryer and I was looking at the previous comments to see exactly what you have done and it's helpful.