Washington state Camping?

Shazbot89

Where is a good place to go Rving in the state of Washington? Somewhere where there's lots to do as in hiking fishing. Somewhere in the woods. This will be the first time we take out our 25' trailer. I have been looking and all the websites confuse me.:p Any help is appreciated. I don't need power but i would like water? but i have never been camping in a travel trailer before so I don't know what I would really like. We plain on going in July and spending most of our time out side the trailer. so it will be a place to sleep and using the fridge.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not sure how far you are planning to drive or what kind of fishing. There are several great places along any of the highways that pass west to east through the cascades.

We've stayed at Rainbow Falls S. P. on Highway 6 west of Interstate 5 with hiking and limited fishing. Seaquest S.P. by Castle Rock has a beautiful campground and provides easy access to Silver Lake and Mt St. Helens National Monument. South of Mt Ranier and north of Mt Adams and a challenging drive is Walupt Lake Campground. It has several sites that could accommodate a 25' trailer but has no hook-ups. In July, I'd suggest getting reservations for any State Parks, especially if a week-end is involved. You might save Walupt Lake until you've towed the trailer a few times as it is unpaved for quite a few miles.

JeromyS

If you're further north we've really enjoyed the Grandy Creek KOA: http://koa.com/campgrounds/concrete. It's dog/kid friendly and really close to Lakes for fishing and is really close to Schreibers Meadow Trailhead where I've hiked in the past and it's an amazing adventure.

There are lots of other amazing places to camp along Baker Lake as well including the Baker Lake campground which is heavily wooded. Anyhow I hope you find a great place and enjoy the new home away from home.

Crumgater

Check out ALL the state parks. WA State Parks are GREAT!
They have a really good reservation system - which also means most spots will get reserved for good weekends - you can look through pictures of each site, which really helps you understand what you're getting yourself in to.

Here's a good place to start: https://washington.goingtocamp.com/WashingtonStateParks?Map

Just start clicking in the area of the state you want to go to, and drill down to the different parks... different loops in the campground, and then on each site to see what it looks like.
I can spend hours there planning the next trip! :)