Watching the Allstar game from our new 3055rl

ricatic

Yes, we finally did it and are so excited. We purchased a new 3055rl from Gillette Interstate RV in Lansing, Mi. We are spending the first night there for an orientation and problem shakeout stay. They have 2 full service sites at the back of their lot.So far so good. We are watching the Allstar game in digital HD. Nice!!! I have had 6 motor homes before but never new. This is our first fiver. Our first big trip, leaving in 10 days, will be to the big EAA airshow in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Wish us luck.

Ricatic and Deb

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ricatic, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. I hope to get to EAA again this year but Still not sure. Enjoy your new 3055.
Do Deb & yourself a favor. Head up 75 into the U.P. for your trip to Oshkosh. Going through Chicago is miserable. Your nerves will be much better at the end of the trip. It's well worth the few extra miles and gallons of fuel. Much better scenery too.

Peteandsharon

Ricatic,

You'll love your 3055RL. This is our second season with ours and it's been wonderful. On the negative side, we are up in the tip of Door County Wisconsin and couldn't find the all star game on the few channels we got. Had to miss the American League's 13th consecutive victory. However, outside of that, Door County has also been wonderful.

Enjoy,

Pete

Bobby A

Congrats, we bought our 3580 at Gillette also a couple months back, stayed in there back lot also overnight. As my luck has it, our problems didn't arise till after we left the dealership.

ricatic

Just a followup on our new 3055rl. We spent the night at Gillettes on their backlot campsite. I was able to work all the systems before the PDI on Wednesday morning. There were a few minor adjustments needed. The great staff there took care of them immediately. At this point I am quite satisfied with our decision to purchase our fiver from Gillette. I would like to thank the delivery tech Dave for his help. We are looking forward to our first big trip to Oshkosh.

Ray, I have ran the UP route before and it is nice. We will have to go through Chicago this trip though. We have family to visit on our way to Oshkosh. Let me know if you come to Oshkosh. We can buy you a beverage and pick your Heartland brain.

For the techies out there, I weighed the rig immediately after hooking up. I had weighed the truck earlier that morning. The truck was full of fuel, B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch, Bed Saver, about 75 pounds of tools etc, Deb, Savannah the dachsund and me. Weight details below:

Truck alone: Front axle= 4740 lb
Rear axle= 3400 lb
Total= 8140 lb

Full rig with most of our gear, full lp, 25 gallons of water, 15% gray tank:
Front axle= 4720 lb
Rear axle= 5740 lb
Trailer= 9320 lb
Total rig= 19780 lb

Just in case anyone is hesitant to use CAT Scales to weigh their rig, it is no brainer simple. It takes less than 5 minutes and costs $10 total for the two trips across.

Ricatic, Deb and Savannah (our long haired Dachsund)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ricatic,

If you ever start getting close to overweight, you can always leave Savannah out:eek:. (just kidding - I'm a Doxie lover from WAY back. My Virignia license plate user to be "DOX&LVR")