Water Filter Question - Landmark

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What kind of issues? I've been using their products in my two filter tote system since 2009. I did try putting a filter from the big box store in once. No flow. Gasket was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, mostly flow problems, and we still had strange smell/taste in water. Maybe operator error in that we weren't changing the filters often enough. Also since we're fulltiming, we weren't using the system (in a tote outside) in the winter due to the risk of freezing.

Decided the blue filters were just easier on us.

We use bottled water for drinking/cooking anyway.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, mostly flow problems, and we still had strange smell/taste in water. Maybe operator error in that we weren't changing the filters often enough. Also since we're fulltiming, we weren't using the system (in a tote outside) in the winter due to the risk of freezing.

Decided the blue filters were just easier on us.

We use bottled water for drinking/cooking anyway.

Gotcha! Fortunately, the well water we get at our summer site is pretty good, so the filters don't have to clean a lot. We use it for cooking, washing, and I even refill water bottles with it. The 1-micron sediment filter never looks dirty, but I change it mid-summer. The 0.5 micron CFB-PB10 carbon filter lasts the summer, based on the gallonage I put through it. Flow rate is about 3 gpm at 40 psi. For the front of the rig, the flow/pressure is fine. The kitchen is weaker, though. Too many fittings reducing it, I think.

G_S

Gotcha! Fortunately, the well water we get at our summer site is pretty good, so the filters don't have to clean a lot. We use it for cooking, washing, and I even refill water bottles with it. The 1-micron sediment filter never looks dirty, but I change it mid-summer. The 0.5 micron CFB-PB10 carbon filter lasts the summer, based on the gallonage I put through it. Flow rate is about 3 gpm at 40 psi. For the front of the rig, the flow/pressure is fine. The kitchen is weaker, though. Too many fittings reducing it, I think.

I was told that the micron filters should be changed every 6 months with frequent use.

justafordguy

I also agree that behind the wall is an awful place for a filter or anything else that needs regular access like the water heater bypass valves, water pump strainer, etc. I installed a filter in my UDC and think it's a perfect place for it.

G_S

I also agree that behind the wall is an awful place for a filter or anything else that needs regular access like the water heater bypass valves, water pump strainer, etc. I installed a filter in my UDC and think it's a perfect place for it.

Not a bad idea, I may do that too.

crussian

Hi ALL - has anyone taken the basement access panel off and put it on hinges so once you've cleared the way, just swing it open? I am thinking of doing a water filtration system and that is what I think I'll do.

C&J

danemayer

Hi ALL - has anyone taken the basement access panel off and put it on hinges so once you've cleared the way, just swing it open? I am thinking of doing a water filtration system and that is what I think I'll do.

C&J

I used to have a piano hinge along the bottom edge so I could lay it flat on the floor. That worked well until I got a MorRyde sliding tray. I replace the hinge with a c-channel. Now I tilt the panel and lift it out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was told that the micron filters should be changed every 6 months with frequent use.

I have not seen that recommendation, but since we only use our rig between May and the end of September, we'd be in that time span.

farside291

If you have been using the system without a filter installed since new, why not just install a inline filter under the sink an leave the factory system as is. There are a lot of choices and they are very easy to install. I installed a system from ISpring and its a 6 stage reverse osmosis system and it came with its own faucet and pressure tank. We use it for drinking, cooking and ice. Showers and plumbing get the blue camco filtered park water. Problem solved, and no more climbing in the storage bay to change filters.