Water Filter Type

hapjack

We are thinking of getting a water filter. What kind (make & model) works good to removed Iron..Thank

lwmcguir

Any of the available 10" filter housings work very well. GE and Dupont brands are available at Menards or Home Depot. Generally a 10 micron or so sediment filter is adequate for normal needs. If you want to remove chlorine then use an activated carbon filter. With Carbon filters it is imperative to change them out when they exhaust or no less than 6 months. I like the clear housing so you can see the condition of the filter.

57chevyconvt

I would contact a local 'water softner dealer' and ask their advice on what type of filter media is good for removal of iron. Iron particles can be very fine and hard to filter.

Wharton

I highly recommend the rvwaterfilter store. Rick knows what he is doing and is an RVer himself. Orders are shipped fast. One thing we really like is his quality hoses plus he will make them in a specific length that you want.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We made our filter system from parts acquired at the local home centers. It's a two filter system with a sediment filter preceding a charcoal filter. I have everything housed in a Rubbermaid tote that holds both filters and our hoses when traveling. When set up, the tote is under the UDC. I'm pretty sure you'll see a picture from JohnDar soon.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What? This old thing?

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ep-them-inside?p=273377&highlight=#post273377

lwmcguir

Most iron is soluble that will give you staining issues. No way to filter it out. You can remove it via resin or RO however it will foul the RO membrane as well. You can go down to 1 micron to help remove all the suspended solids. Little higher DP and shorter filter life.