Water heater on a brand new 2022 heartland mallard idm27

CCROWN

HELLO ALL,
I am unsure if I'm in the correct area I have done a few far wide searches through various forums and sites for answer and I'm lost so here's the issue, went to go use hit water as we are hooked up to power( not running on battery)
Flip the water pump on can hear it being used and have pressure when using the faucet, when trying to use electric water heater the water is cold never warms up, checked breakers and fuses all good, so I decided to give propane a try and did not do anything either (tanks are full) from my long research and browsing, I seen things like Secondary switch for the heater in the cover but have not seen or looked under cover even though lines are bled of air, another thing I saw was the outside shower if they have valves turned on but the head of the unit turned off that would cause an issue with getting hot water, any information or recommendations would be amazing rv is only 2 weeks old

Et1958

HELLO ALL,
I am unsure if I'm in the correct area I have done a few far wide searches through various forums and sites for answer and I'm lost so here's the issue, went to go use hit water as we are hooked up to power( not running on battery)
Flip the water pump on can hear it being used and have pressure when using the faucet, when trying to use electric water heater the water is cold never warms up, checked breakers and fuses all good, so I decided to give propane a try and did not do anything either (tanks are full) from my long research and browsing, I seen things like Secondary switch for the heater in the cover but have not seen or looked under cover even though lines are bled of air, another thing I saw was the outside shower if they have valves turned on but the head of the unit turned off that would cause an issue with getting hot water, any information or recommendations would be amazing rv is only 2 weeks old
make sure the water heater "bypass" system is turned off. You use the bypass for winterizing.

Et1958

Where would I find this? Sorry I am new owner to Rv
Do a google search on "Rv water heater bypass" and it will come up with several articles and videos and explain it pretty well. If that doesnt help, feel free to ask any more questions. Somebody will have an answer. And Welcome to new ownership.

CCROWN

look right on the water heater, should have three valves two open & the cross hose valve closed for normal operation
Got to the water heater access in lower storage oddly this model only have hot water off and cold water off no other valve tested it with propane when j got home and it was working fine, I think the problem was that electric takes so long to heat

david-steph2018

HELLO ALL,

If you go to the "TOOLS TAB" at the top of the page, click on it, go to "Owner's Manual" click on it, on the left will be a list, go to "Plumbing" then find the brand of water heater you have. This will help you troubleshoot your system.
You can find allot of information there for other systems in the rig which can assist you.

Bobby A

Could you have at anytime had the water heater on without any water in the tank ?? Just throwing something out there.