Water Heater Switches

jnbhobe

If it gets so close I have to watch it I just switch over to propane. They don't use that much on gas.

Stalkmoe

Thanks Richard- just what I needed. I just finished 3 nights in my 'new' 2011 MPG 181. I'm a total newbie and even with my careful walk through, It didn't really sink in until I read your cheat sheet. Finally used the Water heater in both Propane and Electric mode and Both. Very helpful- glad to be on thid site:)

Tim

AnnR

Awesome explanation Richard! You should get a job writing the owners' manuals! My owners' manual had pages of installation instructions and a tiny paragraph of operating instructions with no mention of the inside switches. We figured it out after a little trial and error, but I was nervous about it for a few days. I know the same water heaters are used in many different RV brands that have different switch locations (explaining the vague manual for the water heater) but I wish the actual Heartland owners' manual had discussed the water heater switches, or maybe a little sticker inside the main control panel by the switches would be helpful.

JasonShrout

Ditto on Ann's comment, Richard. The owners manual seems to be more of a disclaimer than usable info. Maybe Richard should start a series similar to Haynes? :)