Water in light fixture

Dylan

Anyone experience water filling up in the light fixture under the front, the one that's outside, near the switch for the landing gear? 3670RL, 2009. I checked inside the closet, as far as I could see and touch, and all is dry inside. We just hitched up after the worst winter ever, but there's obviously some way that water is travelling inside, in order to literally come out of where the bulb is plugged in, inside the light fixture. Any thoughts?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Two things come to mind.

First, did you blow out the water lines to the washer hookups in the closet when you winterized? If not you may have a broken water line in that area.

If that is not the issue, check the seam on the roof at the front of the rig, right where the rubber joins the front cap. The caulking may be deteriorating, allowing water to leak down to the area you are describing. Trace

branson4020

Icantre Member
Yes. I had that problem with my 2009 BH. It was a symptom of water intrusion from the seam where the roof joins the front cap. MY RV repair shop pulled off the trim along that seam and redid it all with some serious caulking and about a thousand screws.

jimtoo

Anyone experience water filling up in the light fixture under the front, the one that's outside, near the switch for the landing gear? 3670RL, 2009. I checked inside the closet, as far as I could see and touch, and all is dry inside. We just hitched up after the worst winter ever, but there's obviously some way that water is travelling inside, in order to literally come out of where the bulb is plugged in, inside the light fixture. Any thoughts?

Take a look under the bed where the slide seals on the right side of the bed. It could be leak around the slide and going under the bed. The light is right under the right side and where the slide seals are.

Jim M

Dylan

Take a look under the bed where the slide seals on the right side of the bed. It could be leak around the slide and going under the bed. The light is right under the right side and where the slide seals are.

Jim M

Thanks for the reply(s). I would think if it was related to the washer/dryer, I would see pink, from the antifreeze? My gut tells me it's from above....water (among other things, runs down hill). If it is from above, one would think it would fill if and when it rains, heavy.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your rig is 6 years old, have you inspected all the caulk?
You may need more than a little caulking above.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look at the rubber seals around the clearance lights at the top of the cap. If they're deteriorated, water can run past them and down the inside surface of the cap.

The way the water lines are run for the W/D in a 3670, you would have a wet closet floor. if they leaked