Water in Toilet

tbs

I have had a few trips where the floor is wet when I get to my destination. I have never been able to figure out where the water is coming from. I have eliminated ice chests, drinks, etc… and still can’t track it down. It always seems to come from the toilet area. I do not use the water holding tanks and the water pump is not on. Took it out this weekend for the first time in three months (been hot here in Texas) and had water on the floor. I noticed that the toilet had a water ring in it like water had been sitting in there for a while. The ring was very high in the toilet bowl. I always drain the toilet bowl dry at the end of every trip. I do not however drain my water line or water heater. This weekend I hooked the camper up and left. I never opened the bathroom door until I reached the campground. So here is my theory. Since the water lines and water heater or still full of water and all closed, I think the water may be heating in the hot sun and pressurizing the system. For whatever reason the toilet valve is allowing the water to leak into the bowl and has almost filled it up. With the bowl full of water going down a bumpy highway, I get water on my floor. It’s the only thing I can figure out. I have started partially draining the water heater to relieve the pressure and will start checking the toilet bowl before every trip. Anyone else ever had mystery water on the floor or an issue like this?

Thanks

GOTTOYS

You should leave just an inch or two of water in the toilet bowl all the time to provide a seal and keep the gases from the tank out. It will also keep the seals from drying out. Anymore than that can splash on the floor while moving. I never have a problem with water on the floor. Is your water pump turned off?..Don

tbs

You should leave just an inch or two of water in the toilet bowl all the time to provide a seal and keep the gases from the tank out. It will also keep the seals from drying out. Anymore than that can splash on the floor while moving. I never have a problem with water on the floor. Is your water pump turned off?..Don

Thanks Don, Yes, the water pump is always off. I have no clue how the water is getting on the floor. This is my best guess considering the clues I have found. I just cant figure out how the water is getting in the towlet bowl when it is just sitting there.

Sandie

Our toilet actually fills itself after flushing just enough to keep the seal moist, but we always fill it more, even when we are traveling. If we go over very bumpy roads we may find some water from the toilet on the floor but not much even with the lid closed.