Water leaking from back of shower

rcofd2

Both hot & cold are leaking from round the back of the shower hookups , nothing loose , changed washers, bought new shower faucet, still leaks... so the only thing I can think of and what is left is the 2 hot & cold connecters, in the back ( which is a lot of fun , if you haven't did this b-4 ) off to home depot...

sengli

I found the screw on connections on my shower valve has leaked several times over the years. Its usually after a major temp change. I have changed out the fitting twice and finally have got them to not, leak for some time. When I have had leaks it always been where these pex to 1/2" fittings are. Over a period of time the rubber washers in those fittings have taken a set and no longer seal. Like under the sink and on the back of the shower valve. Bite the bullet and get some fittings, and a PEX tool.

rcofd2

I found the screw on connections on my shower valve has leaked several times over the years. Its usually after a major temp change. I have changed out the fitting twice and finally have got them to not, leak for some time. When I have had leaks it always been where these pex to 1/2" fittings are. Over a period of time the rubber washers in those fittings have taken a set and no longer seal. Like under the sink and on the back of the shower valve. Bite the bullet and get some fittings, and a PEX tool.
That's what is happing Saturday..