Water pressure low

New to the boards. New to Heartland. I have a 2017 trail runner 30usbh. It was shipped from Ohio to our house in Calif. We have used it a few times and the water pressure is very low in the kitchen and bathroom Including shower. The outside shower is great. Is there a valve that could be off? Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi 2WorldRadio778,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You'll probably need to open the area behind the water connections to check for a kinked water line or some other restriction. Hopefully another Trail Runner 30usbh owner can give you some direction on where that would be on your rig.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Is the pressure low when on city water or using the water pump? Shower and faucets could have water flow restrictors in them so check for that.

Also think about joining the Owners club.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also check the screens on the water outlet of the faucet.

I found fine pieces of plastic clogging the kitchen, bathroom and shower faucets.

Is the pressure low when on city water or using the water pump? Shower and faucets could have water flow restrictors in them so check for that.

Also think about joining the Owners club.
I'm at an rv park. Full hookups I pulled all of those things out. Water pressure still sucks. I will check the water lines tomorrow. I do have a water pressure regulator on the water hose. Will that effect water pressure? Also an inline water filter but it's brand new.

JohnD

I'm at an rv park. Full hookups I pulled all of those things out. Water pressure still sucks. I will check the water lines tomorrow. I do have a water pressure regulator on the water hose. Will that effect water pressure? Also an inline water filter but it's brand new.

Do you have one like this so you can see what the water pressure is?

waterpressurereg.jpg

I have one of these but also have one of the regular ones without the dial and it always seemed to make the water pressure too low.

This one works great!

Oregon_Camper

Do you have one like this so you can see what the water pressure is?

View attachment 47292

I have one of these but also have one of the regular ones without the dial and it always seemed to make the water pressure too low.

This one works great!

That look NICE. Does the plastic nut on top allow you to increase/lower the water pressure? What PSI do you run?

danemayer

Filters and regulators can reduce the flow of water. And of course, the flow inside the coach will never be any better than what's coming out of the campground faucet.

Inexpensive regulators hold the pressure at 40 psi, but restrict water flow. Most of us will interpret the reduced water flow as reduced pressure.

What you need is 40 psi with good flow, which takes a better regulator.

But since you said the outside shower works well, your problem may be after the regulator and filter.

JohnD

That look NICE. Does the plastic nut on top allow you to increase/lower the water pressure? What PSI do you run?

When we were at Blue Mesa two weeks ago it was reading around 78 PSI . . .

I haven't adjusted it and it is set where it was when I opened the package, although I believe there is a set screw to adjust it under that plastic nut.

dlw930

When we were at Blue Mesa two weeks ago it was reading around 78 PSI . . .

I haven't adjusted it and it is set where it was when I opened the package, although I believe there is a set screw to adjust it under that plastic nut.

I adjust mine to 50 psi. That's plenty for good flow if the campground's water system allows it. I would never set the pressure over 60 psi as IMO higher pressures could compromise weak plumbing connections or fixtures in the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Now the out door shower water pressure is bad. I've checked all the water lines I could find. All looks good. I disconnected the water hose from the parks hook up. Turned it on and there is plenty of pressure there. Could it be a bad water regulator. It's not old but maybe it's bad? I will keep checking the trailers plumbing out when I get back later.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just for a quick second. Hook up the water hose and see what pressure you have now. Those cheap brass inline regulators really cut off water pressure and flow. The one pictured in an earlier post I bought at CW. Has 5-6 GPM flow and 55#'s of pressure. It is re-settable and has worked great for 5 years now. The shower in the Horn is like taking one at home.

JohnD

Ok. Now the out door shower water pressure is bad. I've checked all the water lines I could find. All looks good. I disconnected the water hose from the parks hook up. Turned it on and there is plenty of pressure there. Could it be a bad water regulator. It's not old but maybe it's bad? I will keep checking the trailers plumbing out when I get back later.

Did you check the screens on the end of each faucet for blockage?

Like I mentioned above, I found a bunch of plastic particles stuck in each of our faucets.

Once I cleaned them out we've had great water pressure!

MikeandDar

I would bet it is the filter, if it is one of the blue inline filters it does not take much to plug them up. Try unhooking and see how much water is coming out of filter. I think there was a topic on the filters here somewhere about them being bad out of the package.

mlpeloquin

Had problems with filters as well. I replaced the all-in-one with two sets, one sediment and one charcoal, in parallel. The filters are whole home filters. I purchased them at Home Depot and then added a UV water sterilizer in the UDC as well. My wife is taking an immune system suppressant. Lots of flow and great tasting water. The best shower since I have been using water filters.

avvidclif

Had problems with filters as well. I replaced the all-in-one with two sets, one sediment and one charcoal, in parallel. The filters are whole home filters. I purchased them at Home Depot and then added a UV water sterilizer in the UDC as well. My wife is taking an immune system suppressant. Lots of flow and great tasting water. The best shower since I have been using water filters.

I hope you meant in series. Parallel would be side by side.

Just for a quick second. Hook up the water hose and see what pressure you have now. Those cheap brass inline regulators really cut off water pressure and flow. The one pictured in an earlier post I bought at CW. Has 5-6 GPM flow and 55#'s of pressure. It is re-settable and has worked great for 5 years now. The shower in the Horn is like taking one at home.

I just just did that. Great water pressure in the trailer. I didn't even turn the faucet on all the way. Yeah I have a Camco brass inline regulator. I got what I paid for I guess.
I must say I appreciate all the input from everybody. We will be living it it full time for a while. Now that's all figured out I can figure out how to make the trailer more stable when we move around in it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
YEP, the Camco inline brass filters are...well lets say.....JUNK. I did the same as Marc. I added two home style under counter filters in my UCD in series. With limited room I stacked them one on top of the other. Some people get a milk crate, hook the filters together with PVC pipe and male/female fittings at each end and just leave them in the crate. I used the quick connector at both ends. Got mine a Lowes...work great. NO trying to get a hose fitting tight. Don't know if I have any pix of my setup..but will look and see.

mlpeloquin

I hope you meant in series. Parallel would be side by side.

Yes parallel. One input and one output. Two sediment filters and two carbon filters. The input of the sediment filters are connected to the output of the pressure regulator. Then each goes to their separate carbon filter. The output of the carbon filters are connected together and go to the input of the UV water sterlizer. Two separate water filter systems in parallel. Gives twice the capacity of one system. This way I change the filters every six months without having restricted flow.

I used PEX lines with Shark Bite fittings, two two filter cartridge filter holders, and PVC pipe for a stand. The filter assembly is stored in the large storage box I keep the hoses, pressure regulator, etc. in.