Water Pressure Regulator, is it old school

Birchwood

I am tired of low water pressure(maybe I am tired of RVing).Is a water pressure reducer required in modern
RVs like the Landmark or is it a ritual that is carried from the hard top camper?Do RVers still use these
$5.00 regulators?

danemayer

Re: Water Pressure Regulator,is it old school

Hi Birchwood,

Regulators are still necessary. You may visit a campground that has very high water pressure that could cause leaks and damage your coach.

But Water Pressure and Water Flow are not the same. Most inexpensive pressure regulators have very low water flow (1/2 to 1 gal/min).
Here's an explanation.

I've been using 2 types that both regulate pressure while allowing good flow.
One is the Watts 263A. which allows 4-5 gal/min. High quality and pricey.
The other is used for irrigation and allows up to 7 gal/min. 40 PSI Sen Hose Reg (FHxMH) part number: PRSG40. Inexpensive but seems to work.

Westwind

The Cadillac of Fifth Wheels needs the Cadillac of Water Pressure Regulator's and you can find it here at this site. I don't have one yet but it's on my list. They had adjustable ones so you can regulate the pressure.

www.RVWaterFilterStore.com

Replacing the shower head with one of these might also make a big improvement.

Oxygenics showerheads are coming with a built-in push button called a "smart-pause". Chrome model is #26181. I'd look on Amazon.com for it and see what type of prices you get.

Then because I like helping other people spend money go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy yourselve a whole house filter. I have a double with a paper filter and then a Carbon filter, helps keep the campground water (especially if they have well water) stuff out of the FW water system.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Never had a water pressure problem with a GOOD regulator. I also installed 2 house type water filters.

aatauses

I have a 263A fron RVFILTERSTORE---it has been great. Yes, flow and pressure are two different things--you can get good flow and protect your rv from high pressure.
You will also get good customer service from rvfilterstore.
al
currently in Kenai, Ak

Gaffer

I stayed at an RV park in San Antonio last year that posted that they had 150 psi in the park and a regulator was required. Get an adjustable one with a gauge and you will know what you have. It is not unusual to have factory pex fittings blow off due to poor placement on the fitting and bad crimp. Why chance it?

Birchwood

My water pressure regulator was failing creating a lower pressure than the stamped 45 psi.Purchased a new $10
regulator and the pressure is fine now .Should of figured that after 4 years of continuous use our original $10
regulator may be faulty.Actually I think it was that the screen was clogged with rust on the original regulator
but replaced it anyway.

danemayer

My water pressure regulator was failing creating a lower pressure than the stamped 45 psi.Purchased a new $10
regulator and the pressure is fine now .Should of figured that after 4 years of continuous use our original $10
regulator may be faulty.Actually I think it was that the screen was clogged with rust on the original regulator
but replaced it anyway.
Thanks for circling back around to let everyone know what the fix was.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even with the Watts regulators, it's a good idea to check the mesh screens occasionally for blockage and crud build-up, especially if it's placed upstream of any filter system. Since I'm not overly concerned with the safety of my canister filters (rated to 100 psi), I place my regulator after them to keep it clean. Initially, I placed it upstream and had a clogged screen after a period of use.