Water Problem around Rear Window

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for your detailed description on how to remove the window. We also had a leak and hopefully, after removing the window and recalking, will have no further problems. Had no leak after running lots of water with the hose, just waiting for the next rain for the true test.

Tommy and Linda Sexton
Big Horn 3385 RL

Isn't it strange how you can run the water hose all day without a leak but then one will show up with a few raindrops.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim, a water hose will NOT duplicate rain. You dont know how much water pressure to use. How the rain water runs down the sides from the roof. You cant duplicate any wind either. Most of the time things wont leak in a heavy rain storm...the water is running too fast. With the OL' "water wont run up hill" stuff goes out the window with wind involved. You should always start at the bottom of a suspect area and work your way up slowly. The exception is if you can see the water running in. Water leaks SUCK when trying to find them. Water trails in dust work good.....SO never dust your window frames. LOL

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was trying to be funny but then again I have never been able to duplicate a rain storm. Kind of like an air leak I have in my windshield. It makes a whhooooo sometimes but not always and doe not leak water. Dealers always say 'can not duplicate'. Funny how it stops when I push on the inside of the windshield. But now I am changing the subject. Good luck in finding or checking for any leaks.

Moose

We have used our new 2011 twice. The first time was for 2 nights on our way home from Maine late September 2010. We noticed some water on the shelves of the rear entertainment unit. Reported to the dealer as soon as we got home.

We are now on our first trip and we have discovered the big rear "picture" window is leaking. Very disappointed. Will now call Heartland for warranty repair.