WD Hitch for TT

ThomasT

Hello, first post here.

We are buying a Mallard IDM27 from camping world. We've owned two fivers before and now are doing a TT. Seems backwards right?

Looking for knowledge on which WD hitch, with sway control, is right for it. Don't want to go overkill and have stiffness issues that I've read about.

We will be towing it with a Chevy Silverado 1500. Hitch weight is listed at 475# and GVWR is 6900#. Length is 30'4".

Thanks in advance!

Power247

Another vote for Equalizer. I've had mine on 2 different trailers with 2 different trucks over the last 5 years. Not one single complaint.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Manzan

Reese w/dual cam sway control since 1989 on two tow vehicles and three trailers. Never a problem and have pulled in winds stronger than I probably should have--never any problems at all. Several good brands out there and, as you are probably seeing, very loyal users. Thumbs up for doing the research.

klp605

Agree with the Equalizer hitch. Used the Reese with our prior TT which was under weight for our new TT. Love our Equalizer and would never go back to a Reese. All around easier to use and works great.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Without a doubt Equalizer....

For your trailer of 6900lbs, Probably the 10K version. Assuming fully loaded trailer tongue weight less than 1000lbs.

Regardless of WDH make or model, Make sure that the trailer is loaded as you plan to travel prior to adjusting the hitch for best results.

Kinguni

You're going to get lots of opinions. I've been using an Andersen Ultimate WDH for a year and love it. Lifetime warranty too. my TT is around 6700 dry 700 tongue weight. Pulled by a 2013 F150.