We found a leak!!!

Hi everyone I'm new to this and I need some help.

For the last 4 years we have been living in a '08 wildwood bumper pull and we are upgrading to a 2013 Landmark key largo. When we were first looking at it we saw a leak in the ceiling and in the end obviously we are still wanting it but what I would like to know is how will I know that the leak is fixed and there is no damage where we can't see. Any sugestions it would really help.

Thank you:eek:

wdk450

Linemanswife:
You know there is a technology to test RV's for leaks that many servicers have. It involves pressurizing the air inside the trailer, then spraying the exterior with bubble soap solution.
Google "Sealtest RV" or "Sealtech RV".

MTPockets

I would see that leak in the ceiling as a bad sign... There are other Landmarks out there... Pick one without the leak.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's the link to the SealTech information.

http://www.rvleaks.com/

I had my dealer run it this spring while in for other service, just to be sure. Cost was $116.00 and no leaks found...anywhere.

HappyKayakers

Linemanswife:
You know there is a technology to test RV's for leaks that many servicers have. It involves pressurizing the air inside the trailer, then spraying the exterior with bubble soap solution.
Google "Sealtest RV" or "Sealtech RV".

That process is NOT infallible. I had a roof leak in my BH from day one and got HL to authorize work at a dealer that utilized that equipment/process. Next time it rained I still had the same leak. So this time HL authorized a mobile repair tech to come to the RV park where I was workamping. This guy had been around the block a time or 2. He climbed up on the roof, looked at the sealant around the top of the endcap, and used a small probe on a suspect spot. Sure enough, it went straight through. He recaulked about 8 inches and there hasn't been any leaking in that area for the last 5 yrs.

To the OPs other concerns, if you have other options, I would certainly investigate them. Since the unit is relatively new, there is probably no major unseen damage. But if you don't have to take the chance.....

Maybe it could be leverage for a better price?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If you're in the shopping mode and you are looking at new trailers why not special order a unit and get the options you need or want? If I were spending my cold hard earned cash for a new rig, I'd certainly shop for best price but spending that much money, I'd get exactly the rig as needed. Just my opinion, your situation may be different.

Ok so update on the leak. I spent all day at the dealership today and what happened was that when the ac unit was installed there was a cord that got trapped in between the gasket and the unit and when they took it apart they showed me exactly where they found the leak and there was no water damage anywhere, the water was going in to a metal pan, not even on the inside which was awesome so now I just have to wait until the hubby gets home so he can have the final say on what we are going to do.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I told that to my husband but he doesn't want to wait 2 months to get it. Basically what he see's is what he wants. Lol
I hear ya! I'm like that most of the time too. When we bought our 5th wheel though we were going full time right after retirement so I wanted it to be just right. I'm glad I had time to wait too. Good Luck with the new rig. Congratulations Too!