We Got It!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Changing the signature block again. We took possession of our 2009 BH3670RL today from General RV in Birch Run. Everything checked out and some minor problems were corrected. A small defect/damage to the edge of the dining table was noted, and a photo sent to HL for review. Sid, the technician, was more than patient as I crawled over, under, around and through the unit, asking questions. He led the way and we covered every inch of it. When we didn't find the folding stove top cover we had thought should be there, Lisa, our salesperson, gave us the wooden cutting board cover in its place. The wife likes that even better. Out in the lot, after the hitch install was complete, I practiced hitching, unhitching, and turns as Sid watched and instructed.

One thing we and they could not explain is what happened to the closet sticker with all the 800 #'s on it? We checked every cabinet and none was to be found.

The 3670 pulls and handles like a dream. Backing into the storage space was simple (I've had some practice, though). In short, we're very happy with our unit and the staff at General.
:)

kkamshop

Very nice!! I'm sure you can get the sticker from the factory - ours was in the broom closet right inside the door.

Are you going to the big rally in Goshen?

JohnDar

Very nice!! I'm sure you can get the sticker from the factory - ours was in the broom closet right inside the door.

Are you going to the big rally in Goshen?

The broom closet is the first place I looked. I remember seeing it in units at the show.

No, we won't be going to Goshen. Our plans for this year are to haul the rig up to Indian River, MI, the beginning of May and leave it on a site for the summer.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We Got It x 2

Nice going JohnDar. Trailer looks good. We also became proud new owners of a Heartland today. Picked up our Landmark Pinehurst this afternoon. It was raining pretty good so didn't get to do a whole lot on the outside, but went over it for a couple hours on the inside. Like you we found a couple of minor problems and Chespeake RV Solutions took care of them immediately. Great folks to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Now if it will just quit rainning so we can start packing all our goodies in their "appropriate" place.

Carol walked inside the trailer and the first words out of her mouth were "It's beautiful, I Love It." Thanks Heartland.

Keith

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Conrats to you both on the historic event. John, I see you have a BART! Way to go! Enjoy your new rigs and we hope to meet down the road some day. John, where in MI will you be setting up your Bighorn? When we leave the rally, we'll be heading up 131 to Kalkaska and into the U.P. heading to WI.

Bobby A

To John & Keith,

Congrats on the new units, glad to hear the PDI checked out good, and only had minor things wrong that were corrected immediately. Keep me posted on anything else you find. As you know, we were at the factory yesterday and seen our 3580 B/H, it is beautiful also. Tenative plan to pick it up at the dealership in Lansing MI on Thursday, April 2nd. John, we know Lisa, and we would of bought from her, but for some reason she never got back to us. Glad to hear the service has been good there, someone else hear had a bad experiance, I think it was Dancer ?? Keep in touch both of you. Thanks

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
One of the things I had to chuckle over today,...during the PDI I was given the owners manual and a sheet telling me all about the Heartland Owner's Forum and another sheet about the Owner's Club.

I think it's great they make sure I know about these but seemed a little silly seeing has how I've been on the forum since I decided to buy a new Heartland, and thanks to JimB I already have my owner's plaque to mount on the ladder.

boatdoc

Hey, That trailer really looks familiar!!! Washer/Dryer also huh. Hope you two have as much fun in yours as we do in ours.
Good Luck, G&D

jbeletti

800 Numbers Sticker

John,

I am attaching a very old copy of the 800 Numbers Sticker. Print and use this one for now. I will try to get a copy of the current one and get it posted.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• 800_Number_Sticker_11-22-06_b.pdf
    349.9 KB · Views: 25

JohnDar

Oh yeah, washer/dryer, awning slides, central vacuum, Progressive EMS surge protector, Ultra-Fabs (in box still), and MaxxAir vent covers (in basement until tomorrow?). I made up some 12"x12" 4x4 pads and cut some planking for side leveling already. Getting real tempted to order a JT LVL-1 set, too. Be good to get all the totes of stuff from the TT out of the house basement and where they belong :D.

JohnDar

Conrats to you both on the historic event. John, I see you have a BART! Way to go! Enjoy your new rigs and we hope to meet down the road some day. John, where in MI will you be setting up your Bighorn? When we leave the rally, we'll be heading up 131 to Kalkaska and into the U.P. heading to WI.

Yep, got me a BART! Last truck (02 Avalanche) was black, so my other favorite color was due its turn, although in black this baby would look menacing.

We'll be parked at the Indian River RV Resort on US-27, 4 miles north of Indian River. Real nice campground, always clean and well maintained. Run/owned by a very friendly couple. This will be our third year staying there. We actually arranged for the seasonal last summer while we still had the TT and no thought of upgrading. We keep our pontoon at a local marina there, so that's been our summer activity for some time. Lots of water to cruise if the fish aren't cooperating.

JohnDar

John,

I am attaching a very old copy of the 800 Numbers Sticker. Print and use this one for now. I will try to get a copy of the current one and get it posted.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

The numbers are listed in the front of the owners manual. It's my habit to keep all manuals in the rig, anyways. I'll fix a plastic sheet protector in the closet and keep the list in it. Easier to change if we add something or numbers/vendors change.

Just seemed strange not to find it since I saw it on the unit at the show (ours is not the demo my wife reminds me, but its twin from stock with the fabric pattern she preferred) and they use it as a selling point on the brochures.

Bonus, I guess, is that it came with the optional pin box cover already installed. I didn't order it (would have though if I'd known about it).

JohnDar

To John & Keith,

Congrats on the new units, glad to hear the PDI checked out good, and only had minor things wrong that were corrected immediately. Keep me posted on anything else you find. As you know, we were at the factory yesterday and seen our 3580 B/H, it is beautiful also. Tenative plan to pick it up at the dealership in Lansing MI on Thursday, April 2nd. John, we know Lisa, and we would of bought from her, but for some reason she never got back to us. Glad to hear the service has been good there, someone else hear had a bad experiance, I think it was Dancer ?? Keep in touch both of you. Thanks

This being our second unit from General and Lisa, in particular, I feel we've been treated fairly and honestly every time we've gone there. Never been given the bum's rush by service, even when it came to replacing the axles on our TT. A little polite discussion and it got taken care of for only my $100 deductible, instead of $1500. And I've seen the stories here and have heard them repeatedly from another FF who "knows" people that have had problems. Just not me. And they are a big operation, so they can't be P.O.'ing everyone that walks in the door. Having been in "customer service" positions, I know what it's like when someone walks in with their guns drawn and blazing before you can say hello. I know, no one who's claimed bad service has ever done that.:rolleyes:

As for other things I've found in my unit. Today, I was looking behind the basement wall again and noticed the vinyl duct to the bedroom heat register was laying hard against the hot water line from the water heater, and on the metal crimp fitting ends. Took a short piece of foam pipe insulation and put it around the pipe. And there is a sharp U-bend in that duct right before it hits that pipe. I'll be rerouting it later to remove the bend and allow for better airflow. Might touch up the silicone caulking around the shower, too. Looks a little thin in spots.

It's unfortunate you and Lisa got disconnected. She really is nice to work with.

mikeyy53

We finally took delivery of our 2010 Edge. We purchased it sight unseen from General RV, during the spring Novi show. The factory didn't start production of the 21M only the 18 footer. I went with the full body paint and I'm glad I did! This puppy really stands out. We need to do a shakedown run before we head to Branson in late June.

Mike & Linda Numerick