Weekend in Myrtle Beach

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We'll be at Lakewood Camping Resort in Myrtle Beach this coming Friday through next Tuesday morning. If you're in the area, stop by and say hello. (Of course this is all contingent on our Ford dealer finding out why the check engine light came on today).

Gus and Debra

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
You guys have a safe trip this weekend to Lakewood Campground. We spend every 4th of July next door at Ocean Lakes and love it. I am very envious of you. Hope they figure out the problem with your check engine light.Be safe and have fun in the sun.:cool:

boatto5er

We're here! Had an uneventful trip (425 miles). The truck and trailer both behaved - no problems with either. Bought a tripod front stabilizer at Camping World (right around the corner) and put it on. Makes a world of difference the front end is much less shakey now, more like rock solid. The beach is beautiful, weather is great.

trdeal

Glad you got to make the trip. What was the problem with the check engine light?

boatto5er

Glad you got to make the trip. What was the problem with the check engine light?

Dealer says the aftermarket air intake I have is incompatible with the mass air flow sensor on the '08 Ford Diesels (Ford has a service bulletin out on this). The air intake manufacturer (AFE) guarantees compatibility, so I guess we'll be trying to get our money back.

trdeal

Dealer says the aftermarket air intake I have is incompatible with the mass air flow sensor on the '08 Ford Diesels (Ford has a service bulletin out on this). The air intake manufacturer (AFE) guarantees compatibility, so I guess we'll be trying to get our money back.
Good luck on getting your money back.Is there a lot of campers at Lakewood?

boatto5er

Good luck on getting your money back.Is there a lot of campers at Lakewood?

Not too many here right now, less than 25% full - probably not even that many. Over a thousand coming in on Wednesday though for an American Heart Association fund raiser.

boatto5er

We made it home. The five days in Myrtle Beach were terrific. We did everything we had planned on - rested, relaxed, relaxed some more, and did I mention relaxed? Overall it was a great trip. The Lakewood Camping Resort was very nice, but I think we're going to try out Ocean lakes next time we come down - probably next Spring. Debra really likes the full concrete pads and patios they have there.

By the way - the only Heartlands we saw were a Landmark and a Cyclone, both in storage - strange.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
The best park we have stayed in (full timers 18 months) is outside of Myrtle Beach in Longs, SC. It is Willow Tree RV Resort-they even had a Heartland Rally there in October. We didn't get to go yet just stayed there for a week. The lots are huge with a lake that you can walk around--just about 1 mile around. I give it a 5 out of 5.

trdeal

We made it home. The five days in Myrtle Beach were terrific. We did everything we had planned on - rested, relaxed, relaxed some more, and did I mention relaxed? Overall it was a great trip. The Lakewood Camping Resort was very nice, but I think we're going to try out Ocean lakes next time we come down - probably next Spring. Debra really likes the full concrete pads and patios they have there.

By the way - the only Heartlands we saw were a Landmark and a Cyclone, both in storage - strange.
Glad you made it home ok and had a good week at the beach. Lower diesel prices helped I am sure. As I mentioned in my eairler post to you we camp at Ocean Lakes once or twice a year and always have a blast. Most of the sites are very large. The sites in the 4000 section are probably some of the largest and all the sites in the cg are pull through, and the concrete slabs are nice also.But you need to make your reservations early.

jbeletti

Christina and Bob!!

Thanks for coming up for air. Miss you guys a lot. If you're crazy, come by Chicago on your way to wherever!

Willow Tree is awesome. I could not make it there for the rally this year but really enjoyed it there last year.

Where are you wintering? Email or call me :)

Jim