Welcome Back Light

sldlbates

I have 2017 Big Horn that the welcome back door light quit working. I have tested the control module and it is good. If I short the wires going to the switch in the door threshold, it works fine. This means the switch is bad. My question is how can I get to the switch. Do I have to take out the whole door frame or is there a way to remove the threshold only? I will put in a after market switch if I have to remove the door.

rhodies1

Clean the 2 tabs that stick out of the door that go against the casement when you open/ close the door. They get dirty and don’t make contact. I have cleaned mine a number of times. Use a small piece of sandpaper and clean tabs and plate that they butt against

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your switch is under the threshold there should be a small magnet on the bottom of the door near the hinge end.
You can test that switch by using the south end of a magnet. Put it over the area that the door magnet would be. Observe what your light does. You should be able to make it go on and off by moving the magnet.
If that's successful to operate the light, replace the small flat control module.

Peace
Dave

sldlbates

If your switch is under the threshold there should be a small magnet on the bottom of the door near the hinge end.
You can test that switch by using the south end of a magnet. Put it over the area that the door magnet would be. Observe what your light does. You should be able to make it go on and off by moving the magnet.
If that's successful to operate the light, replace the small flat control module.

Peace
Dave
I did test the switch and it is bad. Does anyone know how to get to the switch? Do I have to take out the door casing or can I remove the door threshold only?

SLO

In my 2016 Bighorn 3685 the switch, or I should say the controller, is behind the basement wall close to the entry door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sldlbates

In my 2016 Bighorn 3685 the switch, or I should say the controller, is behind the basement wall close to the entry door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have found the controller and it is good. The switch is inside the threshold and I don't want to cut the threshold to get at it to replace or clean. The only option seems to be put in a new switch in the door casing. Let you know how that goes.