Well the unspeakable happened to me today!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The red mark on my hitch is a red stripe thats about an inch wide, on the bar that connects the lever to the head of the hitch. It is hard to see. But for some unforeseeable reason, I did not check it myself. WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

GETnBYE

So sorry to hear this. I hope things get fixed and you don't have anymore problems.
May I ask, "What is the hitch test?"
I was wondering if it was backing up first or something. Can't figure out what the test could be except for checking it.
Nita

2psnapod2

It is what has been spoke of here on the forum. Seems most people do it. It is where you first hook up and then only raise your front landing legs a couple of inches and move forward and backwards to insure the hitch is locked in. If you guys are not doing this, it is highly recommended you do. I will continue to do this even after I get my bedsaver.

Are you guys back in Alabama yet? Have been having some cooler days here lately. Its been kinda nice.

Michael

GETnBYE

Thanks for the info. I will pass it on to Wayne.
Yes, we are back. I am still so tired, but the rally was great.
BTW, there was a group from Mississippi that was thinking of starting a chapter for rallies and came and invited us and another Alabama couple to their meeting since there are so few from the two states they are considering combing the two until the group is large enough to split up and make chapters for each state. I assume that is the plan.

I am not sure how the planning is going or what will happen next, but if interested I will try to remember to let you know of any plans for a get together. It was suggested by one of the ladies at the meeting to go to a place called Frog Level rv park in Philadelphia , Mississippi some time in October. She had been there and said it was nice.

Being that there were only 5 couples there, I am assuming we will have to do some major recruiting.

Do you have a favorite camp spot that has a building that can be used for meetings and dinners?

Hope all your problems get fixed soon and you are back out their camping soon.

Nita

ChangingPlaces

The red mark on my hitch is a red stripe thats about an inch wide, on the bar that connects the lever to the head of the hitch. It is hard to see. But for some unforeseeable reason, I did not check it myself. WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Hi Michael
Thanks for that info.
Cheers Paul

2psnapod2

Nita, Glad you made it back safe and sound. I heard you had a little water issue up there. Glad that's good to go also. As far as an October Rally you can count us in as long as it is not the the weekends of the 1st and 15th. I have to work on the weekend of the 15th and we are just returning from a trip to Kentucky on the 1st. Kelly looked it up and the park is only about 200 or so miles from us and also a Passport America park. Keep us in the loop on it. We hope to be able to make it. Michael

GETnBYE

Michael, I am not sure what weekend was decided on, or if one was picked. I am not in charge. "I love saying that!"
We will be going if it is held on the w/e of the 8th. Who knows, with this small of a group it might end up hitting two weekends so that everyone can make one or the other.
I will try to see if the chapter has even been set up or even can be set up with two states. It was more of a meet and greet session at this point, which is probably what the campout would be.
Nita

GETnBYE

Oh yes, we had a water issue on the way to the rally. Don't know how I forgot.

Spent the first night mopping out the belly and the rest of the night w/o water. Spent the first day at the rally doing some site seeing at every little hardware store in Elkhart County looking for a special tool. It sort of got us worn out and feeling a bit rushed for the rally, but a hot shower and good nite's sleep made it all better and the rest of the rally was wonderful.
Nita

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Michael, sorry to hear you duplicated my error with the same TS3 hitch when leaving a CG in Lodi, CA. Please check for minute cracks in the frame near bedroom slides. 6 months later my Big Horn was totaled by Progressive. Better to be safe then sorry. Wish I had bought that bedsaver too.