Well-trained Clydesdale

MCTalley

The Budweiser Clydesdales are definitely well-trained. They even pose for photos.

enhanced-1751-1451924154-7.jpg

Attachments

• enhanced-1751-1451924154-7.jpg
    enhanced-1751-1451924154-7.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 56

alwaysbusy

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember hearing on the news some months back that Bud had intentions on getting rid of the traveling horse show. While they didn't elude to, or else I can't remember or didn't hear why, it struck me odd as they have represented the brand for so many years. I don't know, maybe something changed or it's a good possibility I got it all messed up....probably the later. :confused:

Awesome pic!

MCTalley

First of all, it's not my picture, just in case. It made the rounds several months ago.

Budweiser fully intends on keeping the hitches alive to promote the brand. They still have three complete hitches that travel the country year-round. What they have more or less rolled back on is using them as much in advertising spots (especially Super Bowl spots). Which is sad, because those commercials were the highlight of the Super Bowl commercials in my opinion.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you are ever in St Louis should take the tour of their home . It's free and a very neat place see. Bub has a nice brewery . The stables are lined in gold for them they live well.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you are ever in St Louis should take the tour of their home . It's free and a very neat place see. Bub has a nice brewery . The stables are lined in gold for them they live well.

Anheuser-Busch also has a Clydesdale breeding facility in mid-Missouri on I-70 west of Columbia.

http://www.warmspringsranch.com
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the tour of the Bud plant in St Louis is worth it. Brewing beer is brewing beer but the size and visuals of the processing and automation is something to see. The horses do have a life of Riley as well. Very pampered!! Neat barn. Well groomed.
Although we didn't leave St Louis toward Columbia, the description of the farm there sounds like the horses are in the lap of luxury from birth until death.

Kbvols

My grand father supplied straw and hay to Grant's Farm which was a breeding facility back in the 70's/80's. It was amazing how well those horses were treated. They required only the best product and didn't mind paying a premium price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCTalley

We've been there. Next time I want to take their full tour (it was sold out when we were there).

IMG_5641-L.jpg

IMG_5639-L.jpg

IMG_5600-L.jpg

Anheuser-Busch also has a Clydesdale breeding facility in mid-Missouri on I-70 west of Columbia.

http://www.warmspringsranch.com

We drove by and looked them up. They have a nice tour of their facilities, as well. Tours sell out way in advance.