Wet basement WHY?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
DMAX154, take the round inspection plate off in the shower stall and make sure the screw on fittings are tight. I had a leak after a shower but could never find it. Tightened the fittings and it went away. BTW, the fittings hold the knob base to the shower wall. Pull on the knob base and see if it feels loose. Bob:D

DMAX154

Ok so I drilled 3 holes in the bottom of the UDC and put teflon tape on the outside shower fittings. Also put some silicone between the end of the UDC and the edge of the basement, I am waiting to see if this works. But I also have the problem of the leaking hot water tank that I drained and teflon taped the cold water inlet fitting and it seems like I have slowed it down but not stopped it. I bought my unit about 2 and a half hours from home because that is where I got the best price, I am hoping that the dealer that is about 15min will be able to do a good job with the warrenty work because that is lookin like where it will be going next.:(

Wondering if you are using a water pressure regulator. Sometimes pressure can swing in campgrounds making connections leak that normally wouldnt.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a similar problem. I would get a puddle of water in the middle of the floor in the basement not to far from the OSDoor. I looked at everything that I could think of. No luck. Then one day I reached in and picked up my water hose and water came out onto the floor in the general area where I had been getting standing water. Now I blow the water out of my hoses and connect the ends on the hose togeather.

No more puddles of water. This may not be your water problem but it is something one might not think about.

FWIW
BC

The first time we traveled with our new camper, before we even used it, the floor of the basement was wet. It did rain on the trip to the campground. Is it possible that rainwater is getting in through the bedroom slide? The basement was wet about a third of the way in on the driver's side, which leads me to believe that the water is not coming from the UDC. I also checked the shower drain and the pump area. They are dry.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check the caulk on the baggage doors. The top side of the doors should be caulked very good if not even a pin hole would allow water in. BTW you should always connect the ends of the hoses together to keep dirt, bugs etc out when in storage. Also keeps water from leaking from the hose.

nemo45

There is a check valve on the water heater that is plastic. On my Big Horn, water was leaking from the check valve and when I picked up the line going to it the valve itself cracked and water came gushing out. I replaced it with a brass check valve. Also later on a pinhole leak developed in the 1/4" line going to the icemaker. You'd be surprised how much water that will let into the basement. This I fixed by just cutting out the area where the leak was and putting it back together with a nylon push lock fitting. I understand now they are putting a brass check valve on the water heater at the factory.