What air compressor do you carry with you?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Christmas came early
6ab2b40daa865aae709cd6434ad59346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Love mine. Seems to be a well built compressor.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm sure Viair and Amazon appreciate that!!!

crors7

I have a onboard viair for my air bags and it is plumbed with a air fitting for a standard air hose so I can air up if needed.

Jim.Allison

I have a onboard viair for my air bags and it is plumbed with a air fitting for a standard air hose so I can air up if needed.

Please post model number and details and a link if you have one. I want an onboard air compressor but cannot make heads or tails of all the offerings and configurations.

crors7

Wireless air P/N 72000, I control the bags off of one line and have the other line ran to a fitting mounted next to the factory 7 way, so I get the same amount of air in both bags instead of being able to control them separately. The compressor is wired into one of my factory upfitter switches so I can turn it off when not in use, and everything is controlled through the wireless controller.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Christmas came early
6ab2b40daa865aae709cd6434ad59346.jpg

Update-although the Viair came with a nice monogrammed tote, it's gone. Compressor fits nice under the seat and goes wherever the SD goes!!!
18932b201b373cd4e9379b85423c7cc9.jpg

Nbomar

I carry a power tank. 2500lbs of compressed co2. Can't refill it myself, but lasts about 6 months with basic use. Some air tools, tires, etc.

WBG

WBGavin
I carry a power tank. 2500lbs of compressed co2. Can't refill it myself, but lasts about 6 months with basic use. Some air tools, tires, etc.

I purchased the DeWalt DWF P55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Super Quiet compressor $210 at Amazon). It was the only one that I could find that would actually inflate our 110lb G-614 tires. Anything rated 175 lbs or less just did not get the job done.

Kbvols

Oh... I need a new one...been looking at the Craftsman air boss. Anyone used one?

prod_1395128812

I don't have a Craftsman however I have an off brand that I bought at Menards that looks pretty much exactly like the Craftsman and it works great. I have had it for about 4 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I don't have a Craftsman however I have an off brand that I bought at Menards that looks pretty much exactly like the Craftsman and it works great. I have had it for about 4 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lowes has that same one made by Fini. $119. I was going to buy one, however the air chuck for tires is a really cheap chinese one. I have to look at it again and see it I can change out the tire hose to a regular air hose coming straight off the tank. Chris

Last edited:

silvasp

We are now your new SOB'S but still value heartland and this forum and the great people here so here is the question. We are taking the advice of many here and changing out the tires that came on our sob and are going up to the G rated Sailun S637 tires from the unknown brand E rated that came on it. We want to also change out the brakes to the Titan but that question will come later. Safety and stopping are important to us.
We want to carry a air compressor with us to air up all tires while traveling if needed. So what size and brand do YOU carry with you while traveling?
I have checked the homedepot.ca site here in Canada and it's pretty slim pickings up here as well as the Lowes.ca site. Thinking about a 3 gallon pancake type with up to 135 Psi. Would this be big enough for tires that run 110psi, or should we look for at least 150psi? Is the pancake type or hotdogs type what you carry?
Thanks

SOB? Can't mean what I think it does.

WBG

WBGavin
We are now your new SOB'S but still value heartland and this forum and the great people here so here is the question. We are taking the advice of many here and changing out the tires that came on our sob and are going up to the G rated Sailun S637 tires from the unknown brand E rated that came on it. We want to also change out the brakes to the Titan but that question will come later. Safety and stopping are important to us.
We want to carry a air compressor with us to air up all tires while traveling if needed. So what size and brand do YOU carry with you while traveling?
I have checked the homedepot.ca site here in Canada and it's pretty slim pickings up here as well as the Lowes.ca site. Thinking about a 3 gallon pancake type with up to 135 Psi. Would this be big enough for tires that run 110psi, or should we look for at least 150psi? Is the pancake type or hotdogs type what you carry?
Thanks
I can guarantee you that a 135 Psi compressor will NOT inflate your 110 Psi tires. Been there, done that - Will just plain not get the job done. I am very very happy with the DeWalt DWF P55130 Heavy Duty 200 Psi compressor ($210 at Amazon) This is by far the best compressor I have ever owned. The ones I tried from Sears and Harbor Freight just do not compare.

NHCelt

I can guarantee you that a 135 Psi compressor will NOT inflate your 110 Psi tires. Been there, done that - Will just plain not get the job done. I am very very happy with the DeWalt DWF P55130 Heavy Duty 200 Psi compressor ($210 at Amazon) This is by far the best compressor I have ever owned. The ones I tried from Sears and Harbor Freight just do not compare.

I've been doing mine for years with a fairly small Campbell Hausfeld electric compressor. Slow...but works just fine on my 110psi tires.

Dumboldles

I have that Craftsman 135psi that is pictured in a previous post and it does the job in toppling off my 110 saliums...may take a few minutes but will accomplish the task.

Dumboldles

Last edited:

Gaffer

A 125 lbs compressor will defiantly top off a 110 lb tire. You just need to have it running when you connect it to the tire. I have done it many times. I now carry a Viair 450 and love it. Takes up a lot less space and is very quiet. It will even set the bead on my 35" tires on the jeep.

Last edited: