What and where do you get an Aux Fuel/tool box for the bed of the truck.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, the tank manufacturer is only telling the partial truth about gravity feed.
"49 CFR CH.III (393.65) 6d; Gravity or syphon feeding is prohibited." is kinda true. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, DOT regulation actually says "(d) Gravity or syphon feed prohibited. Afuel system must not supply fuel bygravity or syphon feed directly to thecarburetor or injector."
The defining words are "feed directly to the carburetor or injector".

Peace
Dave

Same thing I looked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Same thing I looked up.

Also conveniently left out of the ATTA supplied CFR's was section 4

(4) Fill pipe openings are located outsidethe vehicle’s passenger compartmentand its cargo compartment;

Last I checked, all these auxiliary tanks (sans the Titan spare tire tank) have the fill pipe INSIDE the cargo compartment

I'll sleep easy with my gravity feed tank, feeding directly into my main fuel tank and not directly supplying the injectors.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2010-title49-vol5/pdf/CFR-2010-title49-vol5-sec393-65.pdf

dlw930

The FMCSA regs only apply to commercial carriers. Sleep easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I will sleep well. With all the rules and regulations I am having a Titan 65gal Tank installed to replace the OEM tank.

I am having a tool box installed in the bed and then the fuel tank. Cost a bit more but I don't have to worry about how much fuel I have and how to get to it..

Thanks again for all the great information. This forum and the Heartland family are always helpful. I am proud to be a member.

God Bless
BC

porthole

Retired
Well I will sleep well. With all the rules and regulations I am having a Titan 65gal Tank installed to replace the OEM tank.

I am having a tool box installed in the bed and then the fuel tank. Cost a bit more but I don't have to worry about how much fuel I have and how to get to it..

Thanks again for all the great information. This forum and the Heartland family are always helpful. I am proud to be a member.

God Bless
BC

Bob,
The Titan tank has a very specific torque procedure for the sending unit. Wouldn't hurt to ask your installer about it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks. I'll get with him. He has installed a number of Titan tanks, but I will ask him about it. Thanks.