what are the layers that make up a roof structure on a heartland bighorn trailer?....

centerline

what are the layers that make up the structural and coverings of a modern roof (bighorn model)..... inside the trailer, the ceiling can lights are mounted in a hole of styrofoam, but is there space between the layer of styrofoam and exterior roofing?....

what is the backing material that give the stiffness for the roof to be walked on, and how thick is it?.... thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our 2017 bighorn has an extruded roof structure. Aluminum rafters, not sure how many, cross braces for the ACs & vents and the ceiling wires are embedded in approximately 5” of styrofoam. The interior ceiling material and the 1/2” nominal osb board is glued to that foam structure.
There are no raceways or space within that structure to my knowledge other than the AC ducts

sengli

2018 and up fivers have the same roof build as the DRV line that heartland owns. It a wooden truss system, with batt type insulation. The decking is plywood, but I am not sure what the thickness is, maybe 3/8. The went away from the laminated roof system ( aluminum truss, foam block), because a lot of people that full timed had condensation issues with the AC running.

centerline

my trailer is a 2011, but specifically I was hoping to find out if the rigid structure that allows you to walk on the roof, is OSB, Plywood or something else, and the thickness of the material..
and ALSO, if its a manufactured system that is placed on top the walls of the trailer and then attached and sealed, or if its built up in place on the walls, and the styrofoam is injected after the rigid top layer is in place....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
my trailer is a 2011, but specifically I was hoping to find out if the rigid structure that allows you to walk on the roof, is OSB, Plywood or something else, and the thickness of the material..
and ALSO, if its a manufactured system that is placed on top the walls of the trailer and then attached and sealed, or if its built up in place on the walls, and the styrofoam is injected after the rigid top layer is in place....
We toured the plant twice. The roof is a separate structure placed on top of the walls during assembly. The outer membrane is fitted & glued after the roof is set in place

sengli

My current unit is a 2011, and my roof is very walkable. Big horns and big country were back then their premium build types.