What Are These Wires For?

Garypowell

I asked HL a few months back and where told they were there to be used with a satellite receiver. Can't remember the brand but got the impression they terminate up in roof where the RG-6 cable is for the signal.

Since I was not going to do a roof mount just accepted the answer but still wonder why they are in the closet....someone else might know that. I would expect them over by the TV.

danemayer

Gary,

The close up is the control wire that goes to the rooftop satellite dish. On my 2011 Landmark, which was made a little before Heartland started including the control wire, the plate with 2 coax connectors and signal booster switch is as you suggest, located by the TV. I'd speculate that Heartland moved it to the closet so the control wire is not dangling out of the ceiling in your bedroom, attracting attention. The downside is that more than one person has had difficulty find the signal booster switch which is now in the closet as well.

Ok, thanks for the info gents... I don't think I'll be needing those any time soon.. :)
I do wish they pre-wired for solar though...

Thanks!
Pete

bwc1950

Does anyone know if HL is planning on adding this cable to the satellite pre-wire for the Big Country's also?