What did you buy the first night?

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Awning lights huh? Any recommended ones or ones to stay away from? I hadn't really considered that other than "oh those are pretty." But I guess they're good for nighttime safety, huh? We'll need to check the heights, especially if we add straps. Eric is 6'4" and hits his head on all sorts of things. :(

Thanks for the feedback.
You might want to hold off on the awning lights. We bought a set on day one, used them on day two and stored them in basement all the rest of the time. Ken

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We sprang for the 6 point hydraulic leveling system... I'm assuming that has the level up system? Heavens I hope so. LOL That's what I wanted but by the time we'd revised the specs six billion times, I have no idea what we'll get next week. Hopefully a Big Country 3690! :)
\
With the 6 point leveling system, you will not need any leveling blocks. Some folks use pads under the legs but not really necessary. Ken

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You might want to hold off on the awning lights. We bought a set on day one, used them on day two and stored them in basement all the rest of the time. Ken

Awning lights are OK, but if you need to get the awning in fast, they're not so great. All of the sets we have now adorn our basement ceiling at home. We do hang some battery powered candle/lanterns from the end of the roller on long plant hooks. They have timers so the come on/turn off automatically. The wife also has an abundance of solar lights lanterns that hang on shepherd hook planter stands along the side of the rig.

View attachment 19196

porthole

Retired
Foil trick? Boy, I hope the dealer teaches us that.

That is where you take some foil, form it over a bowl, then take some more, roll it up like a pencil shape, take some more and roll into two balls, the balls get attached to the thin pencil shapes which get attached to the bowl shaped piece - and then - oh well never mind ...........................

Attachments

• tin-foil-hat1.jpg
    tin-foil-hat1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 42

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That is where you take some foil, form it over a bowl, then take some more, roll it up like a pencil shape, take some more and roll into two balls, the balls get attached to the thin pencil shapes which get attached to the bowl shaped piece - and then - oh well never mind ...........................

Is that so alien invaders can't do mind probes on you, Duane? From the look on that poor cat's face, it's obvious it thinks you've lost yours.
;)