What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John,
OMG it looks like it's been sitting along a coastline for a long time...salt water damage:(
And I thought our exterior stairs looked bad with all their rust...from actually being at the Texas coast!
Do you know if they applied a "rust arrestor"?

When it was at the dealership over the holidays, they supposedly cleaned it up and put some kind of undercoating on it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Repainted 5th Airborne pinbox. Purchased pinbox new less than a year ago, but manufacturer applied paint on rusty steel with no primer and it started peeling off almost immediately after purchase.
568253a26b95ef669143845a8aae6ce4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job!!!
I touched up our MorRyde pin box after returning from the shore last fall. The paint was beginning to blister at the sharp edges and angles. Cleaned those areas with a wire brush and wiped everything down with brake cleaner to remove residue. I used a spray can of rustoleum gloss black after taping off decals and the front cap.

dlw930

Never thought about that . . . guess I'll have to try that!

Do you leave the probe there while on the road?

John, no. Hence the caribiner so I can quickly remove it and put it in the front storage bay for traveling.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Noticed you keep your outdoor temp probe in the pin box like we do.

Our outdoor temperature sensor rides here under the J-wrap doorside. It's always shaded and out of sight, out of mind. It's held on by a couple of zip ties strategically gorilla taped to it. Been riding along there for 2 years, about 30K miles
b854c990cbb77ec200da393a574f2f8c.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Returned from a four day beginning of season shakedown trip. No problems found (knock on wood). Took off a few unneeded items and restocked fridge and pantry this evening. Leave at 6:00 am Sat for a 9 day trip to Arkansas.

JohnD

Today I shoveled some snow away from the Prowler so we can get inside if we need to . . .

ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg TruckSnow-IMAG0234.jpg

Glad I put the slides in Tuesday night before the 22 inches fell here on Wednesday!

MCTalley

Got the "new" receiver installed in a more permanent location in the overhead cabinet. I built a shelf in there so that all the other electronics (Apple TV, Blu-Ray player, Mac Mini computer) still had a place to call home. Despite how it looks, there is adequate airflow around the receiver (which doesn't run warm at all). I do have a couple things packed around it to prevent movement when we travel in a couple days.

The speakers are stuck down to the cabinet top with Command Strip velcro strips. The turntable is easily disconnected and rides wrapped up on the theater seat when we travel. I pulled the outdoor speaker wires out and wired them up to the "B" outputs on the receiver so I can play music inside, outside, or both at the same time.

The receiver itself is playing very nicely. I cleaned up all the controls with contact cleaner a couple nights ago. With help from an audio forum full of vintage electronics nuts, I've narrowed down what items will need to be done to the receiver. None are difficult or expensive nor do they need to be done right away.

i-nR3Kx2G-L.jpg

JohnD

Lookin' good!

One of these days I'll dig out my old Sansui to see what the model number is.

MCTalley

Lookin' good!

One of these days I'll dig out my old Sansui to see what the model number is.

I was surprised to see how much these run on Ebay. Looking through the sold listings, people were giving $150 to $200 for them on an as-is basis. I feel pretty lucky finding this one for $5.

Diamondjim

Glad I put the slides in Tuesday night before the 22 inches fell here on Wednesday!

I worked in our rig yesterday...appreciate your kind reminder about leaving the slides out.............OH, wait a minute, it was 88° here in Florida! AND I didn't appreciate your nice pictures of all that white "stuff", but it was a reminder of how much I (don't) miss Upstate NY this time of year!

Actually, it was overcast here and I thought it was a great chance to work on the front of our Greystone, (the one they FORGOT to use UV inhibitors in the paint) used some 303 and was sure it was futile................learned several things: 1) an 8' step ladder is not quite tall enough 2) move the rig to SHADE 3) the sun doesn't always wait until tomorrow to come back out! 4) 303 is fantastic in bringing back some life to the faded paint.

Had to carry water to the rig to wash the nose down. We're in a gated community so the rig is in storage, and we live on a corner lot, with that thing parked in front of the driveway it creates somewhat of a traffic hazard with sight lines. Think when I go back to finish the job, I'll move it to Live Oak shade in the parking lot near the Pro Shop. Then I'll have an opportunity to use my garage "creeper" to inspect the belly for condition, rolling on blacktop rather than seashell "gravel" dirt.

Diamondjim

I would add a photo, were I a little smarter. I don't want to start a new topic. I'll work at it! SHADE will help make it look great!
bb62a1fb241df77241df680befba758e.jpg

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ran the residential fridge last night for 8 hours, then drive for 10.5 hours today and the volt readout on the inverter was at 12.33 v. Held up pretty well.

Grizpaul

After reading comments from forum members regarding which EMS system to purchase, I decided to buy a Progressive HW50C. It arrived earlier this week and I installed the unit today. Per a forum member's recommendation, I bought a 6' length of 6/4 wire to prevent cutting the original power cord. Even though I took my time and focused on doing it right, it still felt good When everything worked when I turned the power back on.

MCTalley

After reading comments from forum members regarding which EMS system to purchase, I decided to buy a Progressive HW50C. It arrived earlier this week and I installed the unit today. Per a forum member's recommendation, I bought a 6' length of 6/4 wire to prevent cutting the original power cord. Even though I took my time and focused on doing it right, it still felt good When everything worked when I turned the power back on.

Good job. If you ever trade trailers, you can pull the EMS and your extra wire out and wire up the next one. We're on our third trailer and the original EMS has been carried forward each time.

VKTalley

I washed the RV and my truck today.

Malcolm washed ours yesterday (Friday). Today, we traveled to Panama City, FL, to see out son and move our kitty in with him as he recently moved out of the dorms and into a house with another AF buddy of his. At almost 13 years old, we felt it was time for her to not be traveling all over the country with us. She will be much happier "sitting still" at our son's place.

ram_1955

Here is a mod I did a couple of weeks ago that I thought everyone might like. With a window in the door the window frame is under the door handle so there is no way to pull the door shut. I used a large 3" cabinet handle drilled the door handle and attached with 2 screws.image.jpgimage.jpg

Diamondjim

Just finished construction & installation of a hide away sewing work table for my bride.
The leg/support has to be attached to the table, as the computer printer is located below the desk area.
Since we will be near our kids in Ohio for the summer, she must have her small sewing machine. Done, next!
8c6dce1e97cd4165afdc21191b771872.jpg
1973eb2a44d9335a6b718c9a890e1ec6.jpg

mlpeloquin

I would add a photo, were I a little smarter. I don't want to start a new topic. I'll work at it! SHADE will help make it look great!
bb62a1fb241df77241df680befba758e.jpg

Used 303 on mine. Like the stuff, but I ended up buffing it after application to a small area. Otherwise it seemed to leave a film. Great on everything. It needs to be applied every three months or so. It also did not protect against the dreaded kissing bug. Lucky only one big splat on the front Big Horn vinal. Now I know what kissing bugs are and how accidic they are.