What is proper location for freeze sensor in dometic blizzard nxt a/c units

NHCelt

Hi all. We were just commenting about how nicely our Dual Blizzard ac units were cooling...70 interior temps at 92, full sun and humid outside. So, of course, the rear unit froze up overnight. Unit was set to 64 and exterior temp ended at about 72 and very humid.

I had the unit set to auto, which likely exacerbated the issue, but I know there has been some confusion about where the freeze sensor should be in these units....does anyone have the definitive answer. I seem to recall mine being somewhere in the middle. Dometic phone support checked and said bottom left when looking at the unit from the front...

Does anyone know for sure if he is correct...it was a bit of a process getting the answer and I didn't get a real good feeling?

Of course, I suspect I should run it on fan high when I want to chill it down overnight.

Thanks...Celt

Lou_and_Bette

Celt, mine did the same thing. When I got into the A/C from the inside, I found the freeze sensor hanging down. I looked at the cooling fins a saw a small "bent" area about 2/3rds the way down and towards the right side. I inserted the sensor in that gap and gently pinched the fins back around the sensor. It has held ever since and the A/C has worked well since. My sensor was located on the inside fins but I think the sensor is actually supposed to be on the outside fins. I would find the sensor, either inside or outside, and look for a small "bent" area on the cooling fins and replace the sensor there.