What is the best Satellite system & Service?

jjwink

We have Direct and travel a lot -- 3 months Jan-April in AZ; 3 weeks here and there at times or just a few days at a time. We do have a portable dish and a receiver we keep in the fifth wheel. When we get to our destination we call Direct and have them change our service address - ONLY the service , leave the billing addy the same. When we return home we have it transferred back to our home. We only go through this for longer trips. This has worked for several years. It will not work if you still have someone in your home who wants tv service as there will be none there.

wdk450

I don't know if this is germane to this thread discussion, but I just HAD to report that Dish Network is featuring a "Heartland" programming package right now.

We purchased the winegard roof mount and now have to choose either dish or direct tv. We have cable at home because of the police tower close by. We are newbies and don't know which way to jump, the sale people load us up with so much information it is hard to choose.

pegmikef

I have the tailgater which only works with Dish and I have been happy with it. I have the RV package which lets me turn it off and not pay for it when we aren't using it (monthly basis only, not daily or weekly). I am not big on TV, but some folks have said only one of them (dish or direct tv) gets High Def, so you might want to check that aspect as well. I just bought a receiver instead of renting one from Dish. Which ever you choose, they will be able to advise you on receivers or someone on the forum probably can.

Eddhuy

I don't know if this is germane to this thread discussion, but I just HAD to report that Dish Network is featuring a "Heartland" programming package right now.

They are, this is from their website: "DISH [is delivering] a programming package that courts the heart of America with family-friendly entertainment."

Rrloren

Is anyone using Dish's Sling adapter? How do you like it when in a campground with fast enough wifi?
Considering going with it to satisfy our needs where there is no cable but wifi is available.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've got the DISH service for the trailer because they have the monthly pay plan. DirectTV did not or does not have this option. When we set up camp last week, I put out the automatic antenna (GM1518), got a satelite and then called DISH to reactivate my account, which was dormant since last October. Within 10 minutes, I was in business. We have the DISH ViP 211k receiver.

Drawback to satelite TV is even though they advertise a myriad of channels, WAY too many of them are music or holy-roller channels. The other problem is trees.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased the winegard roof mount and now have to choose either dish or direct tv. We have cable at home because of the police tower close by. We are newbies and don't know which way to jump, the sale people load us up with so much information it is hard to choose.

Go into each dealers store and sit down and use the systems. Buy the one that you can operate the easiest. We like how the system on Directv works. The Jeanie is a nice unit. But I am sure others would prefer Dish. So try them both out and get the one you like.