What type of Truck is Needed for 2019 Cyclone 4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

farside291

If parking issues and driving in downtown traffic are your real main concerns, they will become less evident after you own the truck awhile. With the cameras and parking sensors these new trucks have I have not had one close call parking since owning a dually. You will learn to park the dually just as easily as parking a single rear wheel truck, the length is similar. If you can't nose it in the spot, backing the dually in is always easier, especially with the parking sensors an camera. Those of us who have owned a dually for awhile will agree that backing into a parking spot with the dually is much easier than pulling straight in. As for stopping 16000 lbs you cannot compete with a dually. A 12000 lb truck will stop these big fifthwheels in a panic situation much more efficiently than a lighter SRW truck IMO. Plus, trucks with big hips are just cool :)

BLR

Over 20+ years ago I told DH I want Heavy hips and a fat AZZ..
I drove our DRW as a daily driver for most of those 20 years. F350 and then a F550..

Now we have and Love our F450 the most.. the turning radius is almost as great as our Jeeps..

I would never allow a DH to ever own a SRW. Unless it has lots of torque & HP and we are doing mud bogs .

JMO.. someone says my SRW is fine pulling a fricken 18 to 21 thousand LB's is male testosterone driven..
Think about your family or other people's family

Sent from BLR Logistics

avvidclif

My wife declared our dually was a she, not a he. I replied only he's have the torque. She replied why does your masculine dually have hips? Our dually is a she. GRIN

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
The sky is falling..The sky is falling!!

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. When a man gives his opinion, he's a man.

danemayer

To the OP.

You've asked for advice and have received several types of responses:

1. Some have related their experience with single rear wheel towing of heavy trailers
    1. Of those, some report they have no issues and there is no need for a dual rear wheel.
    2. Others report that they moved from SRW to DRW and find DRW tows much better.
  2. Some have related their view that you should go by the specifications and perhaps maintain a safety margin.
  3. Some have related their view that you could face legal issues if overloaded.
  4. Some have noted that daily driving of a dually is not really an issue for them compared to daily driving of an SRW.

Your basic question has been discussed pretty endlessly in many other threads on the forum, and the responses here pretty much are the same as given every time this question is raised.

I believe all viewpoints have been expressed and now are just being repeated. Closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.