What were thinking about adding to our order Key Largo 2013

wildwolfproducts

Find you a fuel cell for a race car or dirt track racer. Those tanks are about as safe as your going to get. That or a 12 gallon outboard gas tank, put in in the bed of the truck and you can run a hose with outboard motor hookup also.
Our Key largo came with the Generator that was mounted by the dealer, it runs off the Propane tanks. Don't think I would want to use anything else.
Pete

MaxOwner

Danemayer was kind enough to take the time to send me a PM with some stuff to think about.

So I will now go the propane route.

I am finding "gas" rated tanks available from the States. But have been stewing about fumes. There is no way of really getting away from them. So propane will be the way I go. Hope to install 2 tanks in the front compartment beside the generator. Even this I am thinking long and hard about.

Wish to have the gen propane separate from trailer propane.

porthole

Retired
That's a lot of propane to carry. Some tunnels in the States only allow 2 portable tanks. Not that they check, but something to be aware of.

riverrat

Not noted above, but great idea on asking for the Heat Pump option in the main AC. Love mine!

Jim[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine with the A/C because I can buy outright the two HP units for what they wanted for the upgrade. checked and the thremostats and wiring are in place for upgrade then I will have two new A/C units to help recoup some $ or for spares.

Carefully consider your entertainment needs as it relates to cabling. I'm not saying that Heartland will run custom cabling for you, but they just might, depending on how busy the plant is. In this current coach, I asked for them to add all the standard antenna, cable TV and satellite wiring they do per normal. Then in addition, I asked for the following:

• Additional satellite cable run from UDC to entertainment cabinet (for DVR)
  • HDMI cable (45' - supplied by me via monoprice.com p/n 3965 - $34) run from entertainment cabinet to outside entertainment TV (for satellite - using 1x2 HDMI splitter from monoprice.com at livingroom DVR - p/n 8154 - $34)
  • HDMI cable (25' - supplied by me via monoprice.com p/n 2109 - $20) run from bedroom satellite prep area on closet shelf, to bedroom TV (for bedroom satellite receiver)
  • Two additional satellite cable runs from roof to UDC (so, 4 in total). I am using 3 of these now: 2 for HD-DVR and 1 for HD receivers

Jim[/QUOTE]

We just ordered a 2013 GC asked about adding extra cables for sat. they said that they couldn't do it so what up with that. just asking. so I will have to run cables myself this I had to do in the montana that we had.

jbeletti

riverrat,

On custom items like cabling, I've seen Heartland do this sometimes and not other times. I believe it's more a function of how busy the plant is than anything.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Maxowner;
I ordered gen prep on my 3585, sister to GC, couldn't decide on Propane or gas gen and was back and forth. When coach came in shortly after delivery I should say I had dealer install 5500 propane onan, because I wanted convienience of pulling into a rest area, parking lot, ect and starting up gen to cool things down. I loved it. Most times I would start it when we were getting ready for trip, packing up, for lights and A/C here in Fl. OK things went well till I went to boondocked in Louisville, KY for a week in June. I knew about the heavy fuel consumption of propane gens at full load 1.2 gals per hour. You probably wont be a full load but at least 1 gal per hour. My 30# tanks would last about 6 hrs. I also had 50# tanks that I took in bed of truck. They would last about 8-9 hrs. This was continous running afternoon and night to try and get it cool enough to sleep. I spent a portion of every day running propane and it wasn't cheap. So I changed. I took out firebox to give me more room in front compartment. I installed a female recepticle under front corner of front compartment and wired it to existing junction box where onan hooked up. I now carry a diesel generator on the back of my truck and have a 50 amp cord that runs to outlet in front( when parked). My diesel generator burns .5 gals/hr at full load. Even when I stop at truck stops, Cracker Barrell, rest stops, ect it only takes a moment to hook it up. I love this set up. I can run for a week on fuel if needed...got big tanks. If I were going to get a gas gen, I would consider 6500 IS honda if I wanted to run 2 A/C units, in the back of my truck with cord like I talked about. My 3000 watt Honda pops it's CB every now and then when I try to power the mother ship. I got such a good deal on my 10K diesel I couldn't pass it up plus no extra fuel source. And while I'm thinking about it I need to change my info below because it still has onan listed.

MaxOwner

Mickey; we just got the trailer back today from the gen install. Went with a 6500 LP. Posted pictures in another thread.

I had 2 separate 40#s installed in the front cabinet beside the generator.