What's in the Yeti Package

Wadosan

Ok so looking at the 2016 brochure, it gives you the impression that the Yeti pkg will give you a bunch of stuff. But I'm thinking it only provides the radiant technology insulation in the caps, 110V holding tank heating pads, insulated main water line and the 12 volt auto sensing heater line. All the other things listed under the section for the pkg (Laminated R38 floor, heated, enclosed and insulated underbelly, laminated sidewalls R11, laminated roof R34, Insulated slide room floor R38, Pex plumbing, Dual pane windows, laminated, insulated bath and bedroom deck) is already part of the RV or is purchased as an option. Am I correct?

I saw in another post by the Director of Owner Interest that the Yeti also includes the radiant technology insulation in the slide room floors?

Doesn't seem like the brochure is accurate; at the very least misleading. Is there a way to get confirmation on what is in the Yeti Pkg??

kowAlski631

Different models have items that are options on some models, but standard on others. Hopefully, someone with more insight than I will come in with a response. We have the Yeti package on ours, but it was built 4 years ago, and we haven't kept up with standard vs options since we're not looking to replace.

Martha

Wadosan

Different models have items that are options on some models, but standard on others. Hopefully, someone with more insight than I will come in with a response. We have the Yeti package on ours, but it was built 4 years ago, and we haven't kept up with standard vs options since we're not looking to replace.

Martha

Thanks Martha. But I would think the Yeti pkg is the same on any model otherwise it would be anarchy. ;)

kowAlski631

Thanks Martha. But I would think the Yeti pkg is the same on any model otherwise it would be anarchy. ;)

Huh?? We ordered the Yeti package which had heated tank pads and extra insulation. Dual pane windows were an upgraded option as were several other items we ordered. Dual pane windows may be standard on some Heartland models.

Wadosan

Huh?? We ordered the Yeti package which had heated tank pads and extra insulation. Dual pane windows were an upgraded option as were several other items we ordered. Dual pane windows may be standard on some Heartland models.

Sorry I probably wasn't clear. The brochure I'm looking at contains all the Big Horn models so the Yeti pkg should be the same on all Big Horns for 2016. At least that makes sense to me. Please correct me if my thinking isn't right.

danemayer

If the picture below is what you're looking at, I'd guess the people who worked on the brochure might have been confused about how to clearly articulate what the Yeti option includes. It looks like they also tacked on every cold weather statement they could think of.

The Yeti option definitely adds tank heaters on the holding tanks, heat tape and insulation on the water feed line from fresh tank to pump (on the section in the underbelly).

As shown below, dual pane windows are a separate option.

Some things on the list, like Pex plumbing tested to -40 are on every coach. Heated underbelly on most coaches. R-values will vary by model.

Cap insulation has always been part of the Yeti option. But slide floor insulation, and maybe deck insulation, on at least some models has become standard.

The main thing to know about the Yeti option is that if you're going to camp in temps below 20 (F), you definitely want to order it.

YETI from 2016 BH 16pg Show Lit-web.jpg

IronJ

Every yeti I have seen is just tank and line heaters....the newer ones may have the r34 bumped to r38 on the cap and slides...but they are r34 even without yeti...

Dual pane is an OPTION...yeti or not...but is great in heat as well as cold..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Wadosan

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in and confirm things. But I'm going to assume the brochure is a tad misleading and only the four things mentioned in the brochure (Radiant tech insulation in the caps, 110V tank heaters, 12 volt heated water line and 12V auto sensing heater line) are part of the Yeti Pkg.

danemayer

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in and confirm things. But I'm going to assume the brochure is a tad misleading and only the four things mentioned in the brochure (Radiant tech insulation in the caps, 110V tank heaters, 12 volt heated water line and 12V auto sensing heater line) are part of the Yeti Pkg.

I think you'll find that the 12V auto sensing heater line is the same thing as the 12 volt heated water line - automatically senses when it needs to apply heat.

sengli

And again that heated water line is the fresh water line from the on board tank to the pump only. They dont heat any other lines anywhere else. We have the yeti package on our unit. Due to the fact you need to have your on board grey, and black tanks 1/3 or more full....before you activate the heaters or they will melt a hole in the tanks. We hardly ever use ours, and we do camp when its cold. Just keep the heat on.