Whats the best size storage box to use?

Porkchop

I'm getting ready to pick up the Cyclone soon (I hope) and wanted to get some clear storage boxes ready when I get there. I'm already starting a nice collection of things I want to have with me when we go out there.

What size storage box will work best? Under the sofa? In the basement?

Thanks!
Irene

TwoGypsies

We have some different sizes but most are roughly 24" x 16", 12" high. You can fit them under the couches in the garage. We have one for towels, one for shoes, one for vitamins (chips, cheezies, candy), etc. Clear is helpful.
The basement has been more of a journey for us. We had some various cardboard boxes etc that we simply grabbed & used & are still using. Not particularly proud of our basement as of yet.

Porkchop

Thanks for the measurements! I'm trying to keep the basement relatively empty because its being stored at a self storage unit and someone suggested keeping the basement empty and unlocked so theives don't break the lock. Keeping everything in storage bins so its easier to move in and out of the basement.

Thanks again!

Irene

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We bought the the clear ones at Wal-Mart. They stack well and I can see whats in them. Off the top of my head....I think they are 28X18X10" tall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The best size is the one that you can't stuff 200 lbs. of goods into. You want to keep them easy to move around, stackable and segregated by contents. Too large, and you may end up mixing things and playing treasure hunt when you want something. A lot depends on what you plan to put in them, too.

rick_debbie_gallant

Hope the link works. I have found that having the totes be able to stack together, even if different sizes works. Also to have them all in the same product line. That way one top from one box will fit another box. and two half size boxes will stack on the larger size box. If that makes sense.

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=436&ProductCategory=182&section=1[/URL]