What's this wire for?

DDRose

I've been trying to troubleshoot my rear camera for my Heartland Fuel Toy hauler. The camera is a Furrion and the camper is prewired. I found these wires in the battery area. Does anyone know what they are for? (Two views....one is a close up).

Attachments

• B425B2F8-B288-4417-AC47-0EA46AAF36AE_1_105_c.jpeg
    B425B2F8-B288-4417-AC47-0EA46AAF36AE_1_105_c.jpeg
    450.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 3DAEC5F2-B26F-460A-BC93-BC0672E8E436_1_105_c.jpeg
    3DAEC5F2-B26F-460A-BC93-BC0672E8E436_1_105_c.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 43

LBR

That tied up wire and fuse looks to be the same as when we received our 2017 CY from the factory. It was for the external solar panels plug. Follow the wire to see if you can ascertain such. It was heavy gauge wires, so made sense to carry a heavy 12V load.

Our Furrion camera wiring was all wired up to hot 12V. I installed the camera and found the fuse holder (no fuse from factory). Installed a fuse and the camera worked as expected.

Wasn't happy with the camera being on 24/7, so rewired it to my tail lights so to work only when towing.

DDRose

Thank you. I followed the wire as you suggested and that is what it was for. My frustration over the camera got the best of me and I should have figured that out. I'll continue to look for the infamous (missing) fuse.

david-steph2018

Is the camera wired to the lights or directly to the batteries? In our Road Warrior it was hooked to the battery. Sometimes when it is pre-wired, the factory only wired it to the lights on the rear.

LBR

Our camera was already wired to 12V hot at one of the 5 breakers with the common buss bar. The wire was a not incorporated in a wire loom, but resembled an add-on single wire.

It had a red enclosed fuse holder that didn't have a fuse ....it was very obvious, so open all your single fuse holders looking for one without a fuse.

DDRose

Is the camera wired to the lights or directly to the batteries? In our Road Warrior it was hooked to the battery. Sometimes when it is pre-wired, the factory only wired it to the lights on the rear.
I honestly am not sure.....but your question provides another clue. Thanks

david-steph2018

Easy test, hook the truck up to the lights and turn the lights on. But here is one thing, you cannot use "auto" setting, the lights need to be "on".