What's your favorite campground in the south ????????

currituck0209

WILLOW TREE RV RESORT, all the way. The best campground I haVE been too. Its located in LONGS, SC, NORTH OF MYRTLE BEACH.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
1. Buckhorn rv resort in kerrville, tx (the very best rv park) close to fredericksburg & kerrville, tx.
2. Rayford crossing, spring, tx. (close 2nd) lots of things to do in spring & the woodlands, tx.
3. River view rv park & resort, vidalia, la. (across from natchez, ms.) top ranked as it is on the banks of the miss. River and is across from the great town of natchez, ms. (average rv park)
4. Lakeview rv resort, houston, tx. (close to houston, tx. Attractions)
5. Toad suck rv park in conway, ar. (made the list only because of the name, i like it)

When I was a little boy (just a few years ago), we used to cross the Arkansas River in that area on the Toad Suck Ferry. I've always got that name stuck in my mind!:cool:

McFuentes

On your way down to the Rio Grand Valley of Texas stop at the RV camp on the Frio River just outside Uvalde, TX
Beautiful river and only 3 feet deep most of its way, crystal clear and COLD!!!! Great hiking. Great camp with very clean, huge showers, laundry and all the hookups. Even has Wifi. I know, just love roughing it when I camp.
Parkview Riverside RV Park
www.parkviewriversiderv.com
2561 Country Road 350
Concan, TX 78838
(830) 232-4171

jimtoo

I will agree with McFuentes about Parkview Riverside. We have been there several times, and will be there Labor Day weekend again this year with the family. The only problem is it is a long way from no where. AT&T is the only phone that works there, except when you get in that 3 foot square with a signal. So grocery shopping gets a little expensive at the locals also. Also so we have some RV parts in Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, and Rockport area. A lot of folks stay in this area. A lot less expensive than the Rio Grande Valley area.

Jim M

If you just want to get away from it all try Defeated Creek. It is a COE campground in Carthage, TN. It is very clean and the lakeside sites are very nice. It has plenty of water if you like to fish or boat, and it's not really close to anything bigger than a small town. There is a Wal-Mart about 20 minutes away, but not a Super Wal-Mart unless it has changed. They take reservations through www.reserveamerica.com Like I said it's great if you want to get away from the cities or interstates. Good roadways too in and out of the park. According to Mapquest it's about 250 miles from Atlanta, and about 60 miles east of Nashville and about the same to Murfreesboro, TN. Fall Creek Falls in TN is also nice if you like nature. It's a State Park and the campgrounds are very shaded.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
been full time for three years and we have stayed in many Cg's.

Christina's vote Willow Creek in Longs, SC
Bob's vote Rayford Crossing Spring, TX

abinns

Since we're huge Cajun music fans, we love to go to Louisiana. One of our favorite places to stay is Lake Chicot State Park near Ville Platte. Beautiful moss-covered trees. Nice large sites. Okay, you've also got heat, humidity and some mosquitoes, but that just comes with the territory. No sewer, but water and electric. With Passport, $8 a night can't be beat. Close to good music, good dancing and great food!!! Perfect place to stay for Mardi Gras (the old-fashioned one) in Eunice, La. Great fun.

abinns

'"With Passport, $8 a night can't be beat. Close to good music, good dancing and great food!!! Perfect place to stay for Mardi Gras (the old-fashioned one) in Eunice, La. Great fun.[/QUOTE]

Sorry...that should be Federal Senior Pass (Golden Access or whatever) for the oldies instead of Passport. They do honor the Federal pass.

cashb

Hanna Park, Jacksonville Beach Florida. Camping in the woods, across the street from a gorgeous, white sand beach!! You can even take your dog on the beach, leashed!! Lots of hiking, biking,(bike riding on the beach too), a lake with picnic areas and a small kids waterpark! Laundry, small store. Oh, and competitive biking trails too that are widely used. Beautiful, love it.... did I mention sewer and 50 amp. available?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Our favorite Southern Campground is any one in which we are parked next to the many Heartland Friends we have made. Specific facility doesn't matter anymore! Who's going to be there seems to be a more important factor these days! We can overlook the facilities when we're in good company! We have enjoyed every southern campground we were parked at because we had our extended family along with us!

WILBOLT

One of our favorites is Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort in Canton Tx. They have a shuttle to First Monday Tradedays. Park is very new with great spaces, awesome lodge and pools.

Tom of Ypsi

Poche's in Breaux Bridge, La, South Toledo Bend SP, La, most any Corp of Engineer parks (price is right too)

caokgafamily

George L Smith State Park GA, Hamburg State park Ga, St George Island State Park Fl, Arrowhead Lake Tobosofkee Ga, Indian Springs State Park Ga,

There are alot of nice campgrounds in the South, I hope to retire in 13 years and become a host.

Steve

WILBOLT

We go to Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville every year for Labor Day Weekend. They have a bar-b-q and live music. Great park with awesome setting right on the river. Matagorda Bay Park is nice too. Location is where Colo. river meets Gulf of Mexico. You can walk over to the beach. The Lower Colorado River Authority park.
Most of the parks we go to are in Texas for long weekends as we are not retired. The Austin area has alot of great parks.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
George L Smith State Park GA, Hamburg State park Ga, St George Island State Park Fl, Arrowhead Lake Tobosofkee Ga, Indian Springs State Park Ga,

There are alot of nice campgrounds in the South, I hope to retire in 13 years and become a host.

Steve

DITTO THAT... Plus in the mountains of Georgia it is Trackrock Campgrounds & Stables.