wheel bearings

danemayer

If you have Dexter axles, look for a label on the axle. Take a picture and call Dexter Customer Service. They'll ask for the axle info and can give you part #s.

sengli

Tag should look like this. I called dexter and they sent me everything on my axles

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 42

Lou_and_Bette

Others have given you good advice. But, I pulled one wheel and took the bearings, inner and outer, and the seal to a local trailer supply place and they matched them. This will insure you have the correct ones. They had prepackaged bearings that had both bearings and a seal but the counter guy looked at my old seal and indicated it was a Dexter seal. He then removed the seal from the package and replaced it with a Dexter seal. Glad I took them with me.

Gary521

Another thing, make sure you tell whoever you ask what kind of brakes you have, electric or disk. For example, on a 7000lb axle, the disk brakes have a large outer bearing than and electric brake. On an 8000lb axle, everything is the same, disk or electric. A far as the grease seals, both sizes are the same and the manufacturer does not matter. There are single lip seals and double lip seals.