Wheel hubs on triple axle Cyclone

rcwalls

Just replaced tires on 2019 4005 Cyclone. First round of new tires for this unit. While putting tires back on unit, I noticed a slight rubbing sound on one of the wheels. About to go on the road and concerned with this sound. Is it a brake adjustment or something more? The tire and wheel spin freely, but sounds like metal on metal rubbing. Also, what brand of wheel hub would this be and where to buy a new hub system??
Thank you

rhodies1

It could be the brake shoe hitting the brake hub. If your brakes are adjusted properly , you should hear the shoe scrap the brake drum. You don’t want them dragging when spinning the rim but if they are not adjusted properly then you have less effective braking.

david-steph2018

Just replaced tires on 2019 4005 Cyclone. First round of new tires for this unit. While putting tires back on unit, I noticed a slight rubbing sound on one of the wheels. About to go on the road and concerned with this sound. Is it a brake adjustment or something more? The tire and wheel spin freely, but sounds like metal on metal rubbing. Also, what brand of wheel hub would this be and where to buy a new hub system??
Thank you
To find out, you will have to pull the wheels. It could be the brakes need replacing. How many miles do you have on the rig?
Hopefully, it has not been dragging long enough to damage the drum.
The axle should be a Dexter brand. Look on the axle for a tag. It will give you information you will need.
We have a 2018 Road Warrior.

rcwalls

Thanks to all. Will let you know how this ends. Interestingly, this is the wheel that had the flat tire (minor blow out) which prompted the new set of tires.

LBR

I would pull the drum and check it. When we had our entire CY tri-axle setup replaced, the passenger middle had a broken spring inside making the scraping sound.

rcwalls

To find out, you will have to pull the wheels. It could be the brakes need replacing. How many miles do you have on the rig?
Hopefully, it has not been dragging long enough to damage the drum.
The axle should be a Dexter brand. Look on the axle for a tag. It will give you information you will need.
We have a 2018 Road Warrior.
Sorry, I did not answer your mileage question. Five thousand miles on the rig. Haven’t left Texas with it yet. Still learning.

david-steph2018

Sorry, I did not answer your mileage question. Five thousand miles on the rig. Haven’t left Texas with it yet. Still learning.
The 5,000 miles isn't much, but once you get this figure out, pull the other wheels and check the brakes.
I understand the 5,000 miles and haven't left Texas yet. In 2023 we spent 4 months in Texas until we went to Yellowstone to work for the summer of 2023.
We have installed the MorRyde Independent Suspension and disc brakes. The disc brakes make a huge difference in stopping power.
During the 2019 National Rally in Goshen we had Performance Trailer Braking install the disc brakes. Performance Trailer Braking is out of San Antonio, I believe.

wdk450

Right rear wheel or passenger side rear wheel. Some days confused on right and left when leveling. 🤦‍♂️😂
When having a "helper" assist me with backing into a park space, I insist on the terminology "trailer (to the) left"; and "trailer (to the) right". A pair of cellphones completes the communications needed.