Wheel Lug Nuts - Where to Buy?

GregP

I'm having trouble finding lug nuts to fit the 16" wheels on my 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. The ones that came on it are 2" chromed 9/16" nuts that have a cheap chrome metal cap over the steel nut. The chrome caps are becoming stripped and I am worried that they will not be able to be removed if I need to change the tires. Some of the caps have actually split open. I have tried all kinds of RV shops, tractor trailer service and auto parts stores locally with no luck. Anybody have any suggestions where I might get some good, solid steel lug nuts?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm having trouble finding lug nuts to fit the 16" wheels on my 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. The ones that came on it are 2" chromed 9/16" nuts that have a cheap chrome metal cap over the steel nut. The chrome caps are becoming stripped and I am worried that they will not be able to be removed if I need to change the tires. Some of the caps have actually split open. I have tried all kinds of RV shops, tractor trailer service and auto parts stores locally with no luck. Anybody have any suggestions where I might get some good, solid steel lug nuts?

Napa....
00882b18d3f3da40bc494f3364fafa2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Any good trailer place will have them. I went a local place called I69 trailer center, they had everything you would ever think of in stock.

mlpeloquin

I called Heartland and gave my vin number. When I asked for eight lugs she gave me the part number and the phone number of their supplier. I do not know where I put the information, but they were less than $3.00 each and fast shipping. If I am remembering correctly the shipping wasn't a lot as well.

brianlajoie

I bought new solid lug nuts from Jegs. (McGard 64806 - McGard Acorn/Conical Seat Lug Nuts and Lug Nut Kits) I've been giving away my old ones. I rounded one with a socket wrench and it was not fun trying to get it to loosen.

GregP

Thanks for all the replies and help. We have a couple of NAPA outlets in my local area and I had tried there for the nuts with no success. I will return there with the part # and see if they can get them in for me. Shipping from the US to Can usually involves border/customs hassles and extra fees along with delays in delivery. If I can't get them locally, or shipped to Canada reasonably, I will pick them up next time I am across the border. Thanks again all.

mlpeloquin

Thanks for all the replies and help. We have a couple of NAPA outlets in my local area and I had tried there for the nuts with no success. I will return there with the part # and see if they can get them in for me. Shipping from the US to Can usually involves border/customs hassles and extra fees along with delays in delivery. If I can't get them locally, or shipped to Canada reasonably, I will pick them up next time I am across the border. Thanks again all.

I ordered a folding set of crutches for my wife from Canada. The owner and designer of them said to ship postal so there would not have a problem with customs. Got them quick and no problem. Perhaps ask them to be shipped by US Postal.

GregP

Thanks to all for the tips regarding trailer lug nuts. Porthole, I was able to buy the Gorilla brand that you recommended and they were perfect. Swapped out the new for old today and re-torqued all to factory specs. When I removed the OEM lug nuts, 15 of the 32 nuts were either rounded off, or the chrome cap was splitting. The new nuts are solid and I do not anticipate any trouble in the (hopefully Never) event of a flat on the road. As a side note...the new Sailun 637's are MUCH heavier than the old towmax.