When to use slider hitch?

weekender01

I know there have been many threads concerning slider vs. non slider hitches, but I cannot find a thread that answers the question on if you need to use the slider fucntion when do you use it?

We have ordered a 2016 Torque Toy Hauler and have a 2013 F-350 Super Crew truck with the 6.75' bed and will be installing a B&W Patriot Slider Hitch (just in case we ever need it). I know there will be many times that we will not need the slider function, but IF/WHEN I need to use it should I do it once I enter the campground or when I am close to my sight? Also has anyone ever had to use the slider function while towing to make a tight turn? Some side roads can get tight especially the right hand turns. This will be our first 5th wheel and I am trying to avoid breaking out the window in the back of my truck.

All advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bones

I know there have been many threads concerning slider vs. non slider hitches, but I cannot find a thread that answers the question on if you need to use the slider fucntion when do you use it?

We have ordered a 2016 Torque Toy Hauler and have a 2013 F-350 Super Crew truck with the 6.75' bed and will be installing a B&W Patriot Slider Hitch (just in case we ever need it). I know there will be many times that we will not need the slider function, but IF/WHEN I need to use it should I do it once I enter the campground or when I am close to my sight? Also has anyone ever had to use the slider function while towing to make a tight turn? Some side roads can get tight especially the right hand turns. This will be our first 5th wheel and I am trying to avoid breaking out the window in the back of my truck.

All advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The slider use comes into play when you are in a campground trying to back in and so forth. If you leave the slider in the rear most position you will end up with the weight behind the axle. with the weight behind your axle you could have issues going down the road and loose steering ability because you are leveraging the truck.. If you are in a turn that you can not make your only option is to get out of the truck on a road unhook the slider function and go then pull over and put the slider back in the travel position..

weekender01

We installed the Reese Airborne Sidewinder. This moves the pivot point back about 2 feet and you never have to get our of your truck to engage anything. Plus you recover a LOT of space in the bed of your truck.

http://www.reeseprod.com/products/pi...hle8Gafp5BGHE3

Thanks for the info, but I am not looking to install a sidewinder or superglide hitch. Have researched this till I am sick of researching and have decided that the B&W Patriot Slider is the best for me at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

The slider use comes into play when you are in a campground trying to back in and so forth. If you leave the slider in the rear most position you will end up with the weight behind the axle. with the weight behind your axle you could have issues going down the road and loose steering ability because you are leveraging the truck.. If you are in a turn that you can not make your only option is to get out of the truck on a road unhook the slider function and go then pull over and put the slider back in the travel position..

That is what I thought and just wanted to confirm. I have no intentions of towing it in the rear position. I am thinking when I check at a campground I would slide it back then if needed. Most of the places we go are fairly open, but I know of a few that will be tight with a 39' 5th wheel.