Where are my AC filters located?

danemayer

Yes, and never have seen any filters.
If you've operated the A/C for 4 years without filters, as said earlier, your unit on the roof is probably clogged with dirt. You'll need to carefully remove the shroud (never know if wasps have built a nest inside) and clean the unit. The fins are easily bent so clean them gently.

And of course, you need filters on the return vents.

Gibbster

If you've operated the A/C for 4 years without filters, as said earlier, your unit on the roof is probably clogged with dirt. You'll need to carefully remove the shroud (never know if wasps have built a nest inside) and clean the unit. The fins are easily bent so clean them gently.

And of course, you need filters on the return vents.

That sounds great, ill clean them this weekend! Hopefully the shrouds come off easily....
Thx
Gibbster

Fox

That advice (about watching for wasps) is worthy.

Years ago I removed the rear spare tire cover on my HiLo and the wasps came at me.
After retrieving/ employing some killer spray I proceeded - only to discover another nest under the tongue mounted propane cover.

The following year they were in my battery box - but I was prepared.

NP_Chief

That advice (about watching for wasps) is worthy.

Years ago I removed the rear spare tire cover on my HiLo and the wasps came at me.
After retrieving/ employing some killer spray I proceeded - only to discover another nest under the tongue mounted propane cover.

The following year they were in my battery box - but I was prepared.

One of the perks of living in the Southeast part of the country... About as much of a perk as fire ants and gnats.

Gibbster

One of the perks of living in the Southeast part of the country... About as much of a perk as fire ants and gnats.

Update: took shoud off, no filters and no way to clean fins. Talked to a rv service rep and he said that i have the new raceway type AC system. Should have come with screen filters on returns but wasnt surprised that i have none. Guess my next call is to Heartland to see how to clean if it can be cleaned.

Fox

Update: took shoud off, no filters and no way to clean fins. Talked to a rv service rep and he said that i have the new raceway type AC system. Should have come with screen filters on returns but wasnt surprised that i have none. Guess my next call is to Heartland to see how to clean if it can be cleaned.

I wouldn't expect any filters up there - that's why you need filters down below.
I would gently try to back flush the radiator type fins with water (or air).