Where are prospective buyers finding up to date BigHorn info?

Alan_B

I don't disagree with your requests. I'm saying it's not as easy as you think. One doesn't snap their fingers and a professional, accurate, full-color brochure is produced. (For 27 different brands).

Somehow the other brands do it.

CoveredWagon

We have 4 page show brochures all around the country. We have brand new full color, full feature brochures being printed and delivered to dealers as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect. That’s is what I think we the customers are talking about. I’m quite sure it was just a 4 pager that I received, but that’s what got me digging a lot deeper.

I remember as we drove away from the dealer (dealer was 3 hours or so away from home) maybe 50 miles! we were asking ourselves should we go back and look at the Bighorn again, should we ask more questions. We decided no since we already had something in hand to look at.

tsax6010

I joined this forum today specifically because I cannot find ANY information out there about Heartland Bighorn Traveler construction details, and what makes them different from every other 5th wheel manufacturer in this very crowded market.

I am looking at a BHTR 39 MB because it is the only mid bunk model I have found with 2 actual bunks - where every other cookie cutter design insists on a lower love seat.

But comparing to the Jayco Northpoint, Jayco's website leads me by the nose to all of the reasons THEIR product is the one to buy:

• Dexter® Axles with Nev-R-Adjust® Brakes
  • MORryde® Pin Box
  • Dexter Heavy-duty Shackles with Wet Bolt Fasteners and Bronze Bushings
  • MORryde Rubberized Suspension System
  • Goodyear® Beast Tires
  • Unmatched engineering practices
  • Superior construction materials and processes
  • Industry-leading warranty
  • Details on climate testing
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
I spent 9 hours last Saturday at the massive Cleveland Indoor RV show at the IX center, and Bighorn (especially Traveler) was barely represented. Tons of Jayco, tons of Montana, TONS of Highland Ridge. Even though this is a dealer association show, I even got to chew the ear of a Jayco rep for 45 minutes.

Heartland does not need to focus on brochures, they need to focus on marketing as a whole. I know nothing of any significance other than floor plans after hours of research. For a $60-80k recreational expense, I know why I should buy other brands...

I am not dropping that kind of moola without technical information. Educated buyers do not buy just on layout and pretty finishes alone.

LBR

I joined this forum today specifically because I cannot find ANY information out there about Heartland Bighorn Traveler construction details, and what makes them different from every other 5th wheel manufacturer in this very crowded market.

I am looking at a BHTR 39 MB because it is the only mid bunk model I have found with 2 actual bunks - where every other cookie cutter design insists on a lower love seat.

But comparing to the Jayco Northpoint, Jayco's website leads me by the nose to all of the reasons THEIR product is the one to buy:

• Dexter Axles with Nev-R-Adjust Brakes
  • MORryde Pin Box
  • Goodyear Beast Tires
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
I spent 9 hours last Saturday at the massive Cleveland Indoor RV show at the IX center, and Bighorn (especially Traveler) was barely represented. Tons of Jayco, tons of Montana, TONS of Highland Ridge. Even though this is a dealer association show, I even got to chew the ear of a Jayco rep for 45 minutes.

Heartland does not need to focus on brochures, they need to focus on marketing as a whole. I know nothing of any significance other than floor plans after hours of research. For a $60-80k recreational expense, I know why I should buy other brands...

I am not dropping that kind of moola without technical information. Educated buyers do not buy just on layout and pretty finishes alone.

Educated buyers should join specific forum sites several months in advance prior to their purchase asking specific questions...glad your here to learn about the Bighorn.

brianlajoie

We went to the Denver RV show a couple of weeks back and there were no Landmarks, Bighorns, Big Countrys or Bighorn Travlers at the show. There is not even an authorized dealer in Colorado for Landmarks. We saw the dealer authorized to carry Bighorns bring in a lot of SOB and were selling everything on the floor it seems. It wasn't a total bust as we talked to the Moblie Suites factory rep at length about the industry and trends. Funny that there was a very very nice (and expensive) coach, but there are also no authorized dealers in Colorado for them either. The dealer tent they were under doesn't carry them either. Strange. At least when we go to rally's and factory tours we get to see some models.

danemayer

We went to the Denver RV show a couple of weeks back and there were no Landmarks, Bighorns, Big Countrys or Bighorn Travlers at the show. There is not even an authorized dealer in Colorado for Landmarks. We saw the dealer authorized to carry Bighorns bring in a lot of SOB and were selling everything on the floor it seems. It wasn't a total bust as we talked to the Moblie Suites factory rep at length about the industry and trends. Funny that there was a very very nice (and expensive) coach, but there are also no authorized dealers in Colorado for them either. The dealer tent they were under doesn't carry them either. Strange. At least when we go to rally's and factory tours we get to see some models.
Brian,

The Windish website in the Denver area shows Bighorn, Bighorn Traveler, and Landmark 5th wheels in stock. Are they still in the game?

dave10a

Because the literature and web site have a lot to be desired for most RV mfg.'s is the reason I'm going to Indiana and Iowa in May to do factory tours. I want to see how they are actually built and engineered while talking to the factory people. The interesting part is I don't need to visit the truck mfg.'s to determine how they are built and engineered :) BTY trucks are a large investment as well :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Brian,

The Windish website in the Denver area shows Bighorn, Bighorn Traveler, and Landmark 5th wheels in stock. Are they still in the game?

When we were at Windish last November we were told that they are leaning away from Heartlands higher end models and pushing Grand Design. Something to do with factory support being better with GD. I bet Windish was at the show but with mostly GD models.

brianlajoie

Brian,

The Windish website shows 11 of 13 Heartland products as Bighorn Traveler in Longmont (Front range yes - Denver no). I would concur with what Mike says in that we saw a lot of GD trailers sold at the show from Windish. If you were at the show and looking for a 5th wheel, you would not even know that Heartland builds trailers in the luxury market for city the size of 3.2 million. Sad. If there are no local dealers for the product, I think HL should have a direct buy program IMHO.

jbeletti

The Windish website shows 11 of 13 Heartland products as Bighorn Traveler in Longmont (Front range yes - Denver no). I would concur with what Mike says in that we saw a lot of GD trailers sold at the show from Windish. If you were at the show and looking for a 5th wheel, you would not even know that Heartland builds trailers in the luxury market for city the size of 3.2 million. Sad. If there are no local dealers for the product, I think HL should have a direct buy program IMHO.

Brian - Heartland is not licensed to sell RVs direct to retail. They sell wholesale sales to dealers only.

Dealers decide what products they will carry and this can be different from lot to lot. In the case of Windish, they sell Heartland in some lots and not others.

This all said, your and the points of others are well taken. Grand Design is very popular at this time. This doesn't take anything away from the Heartland brands and the teams back in Elkhart are working to make our brands even better and to appeal to more buyers.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Please keep it respectful, constructive and keep it coming.

Last edited:

BusManRG

• Dexter® Axles with Nev-R-Adjust® Brakes
  • MORryde® Pin Box
  • Goodyear® Beast Tires
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc

This is exactly why I started this thread. I’m encouraged that Heartland representatives have responded directly multiple times and seem to realize that we are trying hard to support their product, but that requires more than just a page of floor plans. Listening and responding....Thank you!
Sandy