Where are you staying on the way to Gillette??

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Was just wondering where everyone is staying on the way to Gillette... We left home this morning and we are in Tomah, WI,

Thursday night... KOA Sioux Falls, Friday night, -- Sleepy ??? Wall SO. DAK Saturday night and Sunday night--Rafter J in Hill City?? Monday we leave for Gillette.. ..

wdk450

I'm coming from the West through Yellowstone Park from West Yellowstone, Mt. to Cody, Wy tomorrow. I plan to stay at Absaroka Bay RV park in Cody. I have been in contact with PJ and Karol who are coming through Yellowstone from Jackson, Wy. tomorrow, and will stay in the same park, too.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Leaving Saturday, first stop Amarillow / Raton N.M. / Pueblo, Co. / Wheatland. Wy., then into Gillette.... Yee Haw!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Leaving Thurs...Amarillo(relatives)/Colorado Springs(KOA)/Hill City SD(Rafter J) /then Gillette on Tuesday!

Last edited:

danemayer

Thursday - Loop 289 RV Park, Lubbock
Friday - KOA Raton, NM
Saturday/Sunday - St. Vrain State Park, Longmont, CO
Monday - Gillette

olcoon

Right now we are at Fish 'N Fry just outside Deadwood, SD. Leaving in the am for Gillette. Karen, if you can, when you get to Sioux Falls, go to the park at the falls. It's not far from downtown. They have a pretty nice light show & tell about some of the history of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, plus history of Sioux Falls. Bad thing is that it doesn't start until about 9:30 pm.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We spent one night in Albert Lea, MN then one night in Mitchell, SD we are now on our second night in Hill City, SD at Rafter J-Bar. Been here a couple of times before and it's still a great place.
Tomorrow morning we leave for Gillette.
Have a safe trip everyone.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are in BJ's Campground in Lusk Wyo. Leave Monday going to Gillette. Stopped here to get mail and other things by mail.

Stayed in Cabela's RV Park in Sidney NE. Great place to stay and roam through the Cabela's store all day. Also you get a 25% discount for the days you stay thanks to Randy.

BC

cjhersh

We are in Johnstown, CO. It's about 40 miles north of Denver. We are staying at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat. Hopefully we will arrive in Gillette by mid-afternoon tomorrow.:cool:

Carol Hersberger
Dallas Tx

olcoon

Well, it just started to rain here in Deadwood! Maybe it'll wash some of the dust off the truck & get rid of some bugs on the front cap! Bad thing is that from the way the weather looks, we may be breaking camp in rain in the morning & maybe driving in rain tomorrow, at least part way.

TXTiger

I have a wedding to attend on Sat so can't leave San Diego till Sun morning. I plan on staying at a rest stop on the side of the road of I-15 ,between St. George and Ceder City City UT Sun. night. Get past St. Lake City Mon, connect onto I-80 and stop at a rest stop near the UT/WY border as close to Rawlings as I can get on Tue night and make it to Gillette by Wed late afternoon.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Staying at Rush-No-More off exit 37 on route 90. Two Greystones and Two big horns.

That was not rain at Custer state park yesterday. It was HAIL!!! Over two inches of it! We hit it just as we arrived at the Catherdal Spires. Over 50 dents in truck, broke both window vent covers and put a hole in the running lights of our friends truck. Thank goodness for insurance.

We leave here on Tuesday for Gillette.

jayc

Legendary Member
Tom, we just left Custers Gulch yesterday, and apparently just in time. It rained the night before but no hail.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Manzan

Leaving Seattle Sunday morning and spend the night at the Nugget RV Park in St. Regis, MT. Have stayed there many times and it sure has grown! Monday night at the Hardin KOA. Not a great park but on the way east. Tuesday we will be in Gillette after going through Broadus, MT and a couple of Indian Reservations. Very pretty trip and because of the speed we travel, no slower than going I 90 all the way.

back2nature

We are sightseeing Zion National Park for a couple of days. Staying at Zion River Resort campground. When we leave on Sunday, we will have two overnighters before hitting Gillette.